• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Philadelphia area courses?

flyingo

Hello all, I'll be moving from Kansas to the Philly area again soon (after having been away for 10 years) and, since I'm back in the disc golf game this time, am looking for info/suggestions for courses in and around Philadelphia to play.
I know there's probably a ton of 'em, but thought I would start this post to see what folks say about the "inside story" and where to go...

Thanks in advance! - Mike O.

Sedgley Woods is the only course IN Philly. Lots on the outskirts but that is the only one in the city.

^^right there for courses just in Philly. Just north of Philly is Newtown, Pa and Tyler State Park. Father north in Quakertown is Nocamixon State Park and Tinicum. Then there are courses out towards the Fort Washington area and farther west from Philly.

I'll be hitting up the Philly courses and probably Lehigh Valley early next week, so I will be watching this thread for suggestions. So annoyed that I didn't have a car when I went to school out there so I couldn't play all of the sweet Lehigh Valley courses :(

camp sankanac is a private course in the pottstown area. french creek is west of there both nice courses. if you want to play camp sankanac check the website out for rules and how to make it happen

^^Sedgley is a fun course and is a quick play....did you play the 3rd nine? I think the 3rd nine is the best bunch of holes for the entire course...

long story on that...

when we were in philly last fall, I had driven all night from michigan and we went to fort mifflin and eastern state pen. before we went to geno's and finally sedgley... it was like 90 degrees and we were both exhausted... we left after 18 and went to the hotel to die for the night... I had been up for 36 plus hours when we played sedgley. :)

OMG....you missed the best hidden secret of Sedgley....the 3rd nine is longer and requires a more diverse shot selection....there are some really great holes on the 3rd nine and if you ever come back this way hit me up...I'll throw some plastic with ya...

Believe me....I want to get up to Michigan sometime soon too....I want to ge see the Red Wings play in the Joe!!

I have only one thing to say, and it's the same thing I tell everyone who asks this question: go play Nockamixon! It might be more beautiful and more challenging than any other course you will ever play.

go play Nockamixon! It might be more beautiful and more challenging than any other course iteyou will ever play.

this man speaks the truth. only played it once and it's definitely one of my favorites. truly an epic course and every hole feels unique.

I found South Mountain to be a very underrated course. Definitely not as awesome as Tyler and Noxi, but has some beautiful shots.

Is that course in Philly the one that's near the hood? I remember playing a course there and when we stopped for water at the convenience store you were not allowed in the store, and the items were passed through a bullet proof window.

Latest posts