• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Philadelphia first Saturday oct

Magnatizer

Heading in for the iggles game Sunday. Wheels on the ground around 10 am Saturday.

Already played Tyler, looking for other options. I would like to land on the north side when all is said and done. Suggestions?

Brandywine State Park is a nice course if you like elevation and wind, and Iron Hill, a little further SW, is well liked by many down there. Both are SW of Philly, about 30-40 mins. (Roughly)

Sedgley Woods is in the Fairmount Park section of the city and is a really nice technical course that is good to finish out the day with. It's off I-76 and worth your time. If you're looking to be on the north side of Philadelphia when all is said and done, this is as good as it gets for where you aim to be.

Brandywine and Iron Hill are off I-95, but Brandywine is further off the interstate (it's near US 202). There are some other nine holers I'm not familiar with, and there happens to be a course near Camden, according to the DGCR map, but I'm not familiar with it either.

I hope this helps. As a former eastern PA resident, I have played and highly recommend both Brandywine and Sedgley.

Go Eagles!:D
Andrew

Sedgley would be a good choice since there aren't many other options just north. I will probably be there selling discs.

Just to let you know Tyler State Park now has 36 holes. So if you're down this way, you better hit up Tyler again to see the new holes. As for other courses to play, I would play the following:

Tyler State Park
Nockamixon
French Creek
Sedgley
Iron Hill
Brandywine

Why not play 2, some good tandems are
Nockamixon-Sellersville or Tinicum (North)
Sedgley-Stafford (East)
Iron Hill-Brandywine (South)
French Creek-Camp Sankanac (West)

you cant go wrong with any of those courses

36 at tyler

That is news to me. I think I need to spend the day there. Anyone know some regulars there who I might be able to join? I know my first go around a little local knowledge would have really been good to have.

I played Tyler today, it's divided into East 18 and West 18. A map is on the back of the kiosk, take a pix, scorecards but no printed maps were available.

East 1 was easy to find, East 2 I guessed the direction knowing the old course. The direction to walk needs to be marked as I didn't see anything pointing you that way. Walk right slightly downhill past picnic tables and #2 is right of the walking path.

East 2-18 was OK to follow, just keep an eye for next tee signs, it's a long walk between holes sometimes. West 10-15 might not have baskets yet. I spoke with a small group who couldn't find
some baskets so I played the old lay which is now W1-W9 and W16-W18 (old 25-27). W6 had no tee sign, it does still say #22 on the tee, the basket is marked #6. Never found W7.

Hope this info helps someone. Checkout Bucks County DG'ers on FB.

If you get to Tyler......W7 plays behind the bathrooms as you walked from old 3 to 4....from 22 all you do is finish the hole, turn left and follow the road down the hill. You will see a break in the trees about 3/4 of the way down...that's the short tee. To get to the long tee, keep walking down the road and you will find a path to cut right behind the bathrooms.

Still licking wounds from Sunday. Dang.

Thanks for the directional guidance. Sounds like the new pins are not in. Torn now between Tyler and heading north to Allentown. Likely a decision primarily dictated by weather Saturday.

Still licking wounds from Sunday. Dang.

Thanks for the directional guidance. Sounds like the new pins are not in. Torn now between Tyler and heading north to Allentown. Likely a decision primarily dictated by weather Saturday.

Do Nocky and Jordan.

If you do hit up Tyler shoot me a PM