• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Photos of the different tee types

When I propose a course, I have the price of the baskets and shipping included and the cost of Fly-18 pads. The small print after each proposal (I do three-tier proposals) include the option of using cement, crushed rock, asphalt or using earth tees.

Normally the presentation is focused on what Disc Golf can do for a community...bringing money in through tourism, tournaments, giving kids another activity and it's low cost compared to other sports and activities. I also include info on the low cost of maintenance.

Last edited:
Mega tee pad! Just for fun.
65903ff4.jpg

Someone here in TX mentioned long concrete pads???? looik at the pics from lake lewisville, tx. their pads are about 20 ft long.

I played MacKenzie Park in Lubbock, TX last week, and couldn't get over how long some of the tees were, and they were tapered as well. Pretty awesome if you ask me:

014ee5bc.jpg

no that's not me, it's from the media on this site.

How stealable are rubber pads? Owens Field had them at one time, not fastened down, and apparently there were folks around the neighborhood who found them useful for something other than disc golf. How can they be anchored to not be stolen?

Which is another way of saying, depending on where the course is located, Fly-18 pads may not be a good option.

I played MacKenzie Park in Lubbock, TX last week, and couldn't get over how long some of the tees were, and they were tapered as well. Pretty awesome if you ask me:

014ee5bc.jpg

no that's not me, it's from the media on this site.

Those pads are like 15-20 feet long. I think I would opt for a little shorter, and a little wider.

also great shorts. dricka.

Those pads are like 15-20 feet long. I think I would opt for a little shorter, and a little wider.

also great shorts. dricka.

yeah, pads that long or as wide as the ones posted above are frankly a waste of concrete ($$).

i'd start at, and price out, 4x8, then go from there.

Blue Valley in KC

The tees are concrete are shaped to match the fairways, neat idea but not sure if it's a good use of concrete. The course is sickly long so a long tee puts you just a little closer:)

Blue Valley Course

I thought I read about these somewhere in it's own thread, but I can't find it. These are some teepads that are at a new course near the beach in NC. Anyone have much experience with them? And what are they called?

teepad2.jpg

teepad1.jpg

The tee pads at River Walk in Corona,Ca. Danger has posted a pic of the first and they get better as you go on.

6x15 ft is plenty of pad for a 280' downhill throw
do a run up only if you want your disc threw the woods across the road into the pond... :doh: ive done it!
the box on the pole is a IR game camera... to catch vandals!

6x15 ft is plenty of pad for a 280' downhill throw
do a run up only if you want your disc threw the woods across the road into the pond... :doh: ive done it!
the box on the pole is a IR game camera... to catch vandals!

New pads at Kaposia! All of them? If so, sick! Have they gotten 27 perminent in yet? It was my home course for about 8 years before I moved, then it turned into 24 holes and pay to play. I liked the old layout better, the last 3 holes are weak sauce in my opinion.

Has anybody ever used or seen permeable paving bricks for tees? I've seen them used in new shopping center parking lots. They're like interlocking "L's" that leave a hole between the bricks. The eco-idea is that water goes through the "pavement" rather then being funneled off into storm drains. I though they might work well for tees as they would let water through rather then sitting on top.

Has anybody ever used or seen permeable paving bricks for tees?

These aren't the "L" bricks that you're talking about. They are 1'x1' squares, but they seem to drain really well, and they are just as solid, level, and grippy as concrete if installed correctly. I also think they look nicer than concrete as well...
6db19139.jpg

Latest posts