• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Photos of the different tee types

Has anybody ever used or seen permeable paving bricks for tees? I've seen them used in new shopping center parking lots. They're like interlocking "L's" that leave a hole between the bricks. The eco-idea is that water goes through the "pavement" rather then being funneled off into storm drains. I though they might work well for tees as they would let water through rather then sitting on top.

I've seen them. And they do work well, the only problem is they absolutely have to be done right. I'm not sure if there is much maintenance involved, but if they are not done right, A couple years down the road they can be a mess. You can definitely find them cheap. There is a guy around us that owns a landscaping business who would probably be willing to donate for some sort of sponsorship possibility. He's got scraps all over that are just laying around.

How stealable are rubber pads? Owens Field had them at one time, not fastened down, and apparently there were folks around the neighborhood who found them useful for something other than disc golf. How can they be anchored to not be stolen?

Which is another way of saying, depending on where the course is located, Fly-18 pads may not be a good option.

I agree.........Central park in Oakbrook IL has rubber tees that are screwed into the rubber frame (like 50+screws and washers)

They look great, but they pose two problems

1. because of the drastic changes in weather around Chicago the rubber contracts and restricts depending on how hot or cold it is. This has already caused one teepad to start ripping away and another is close.

2. because they are screwed down and can't be taken up, underneath instead of limestone there is a wooden (deck frame if you will). And this is a minor complaint, but because there is wood underneath you get standing water underneath so when it rains the teepads stay slick longer. Basically it takes longer to dry out and for the few pads that are in the shade it takes even longer. They were done this way so that there would be no maintenance from the parks side (a selling point i guess).....They are great tee's, but I would rather have the limestone underneath, but if you go that route people could definitely steal one if they really wanted to. The crappy thing about that is the fact that through fly 18 you have to buy the rolls and you can't buy just one pad. Kind of a bummer

Looks good but...

These aren't the "L" bricks that you're talking about. They are 1'x1' squares, but they seem to drain really well, and they are just as solid, level, and grippy as concrete if installed correctly. I also think they look nicer than concrete as well...
6db19139.jpg
Nice looking tee pad but I see a lot of stubbed-toes during the run-up.

Nice looking tee pad but I see a lot of stubbed-toes during the run-up.

Sorry, I originally thought you were referring to a step up to get on the pad or something. Now I'm sure you're referring to the brick seams not being flush.

The photos may make it look like the seems are a little separated and/or not level but in person they are flawless and the pads are totally level. There is no more of a tripping hazard than a cement pad.

surprised no one has posted these. Hasn't opened yet but I'm pretty sure these will be the best tees out there.

Attachments

• royg.jpg
    royg.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 109
^ Roy G Guerrero

Try not to do crushed gravel/dirt as it can severely impact fun factor of your course. a la North Town

I have busted my ass out of the front of this box countless times.

Attachments

• nt.jpg
    nt.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Anybody have close up pics of Nevin or renny tee pads...........that was the best concrete I have ever thrown off of. Who ever did those did those right.........I'm no concrete expert, but the mix of that concrete seems very unique compared to other concrete tees across the country

Anybody have close up pics of Nevin or renny tee pads...........that was the best concrete I have ever thrown off of. Who ever did those did those right.........I'm no concrete expert, but the mix of that concrete seems very unique compared to other concrete tees across the country

Its not as much the mix as the care to float them and texture at the correct times. Actually Renny's have much larger agregate than Nevin. Sam N is awesome at floating and texturing teepads. We are so lucky to have him.

Rabbit Flats has round tee pads. It doesn't force your run up in a particular direction and makes safari rounds easier.

044f562d.jpg

These aren't the "L" bricks that you're talking about. They are 1'x1' squares, but they seem to drain really well, and they are just as solid, level, and grippy as concrete if installed correctly. I also think they look nicer than concrete as well...
6db19139.jpg

that almost looks eerie, i dont wanna play there alone:sick:

Latest posts