• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Pick 1 Trilogy Disc to Make Me a Believer

Giant, opto pure, zero pure.

Tp giants seem to have more variance than the VIP. They range from faf to genuinely domey. IMO get a VIP for a true giant experience. that said, I love them both.

There are lots of domey xxx out there but I still love them.

Opto pures are amazing and I've never had one fly weird compared to another. Zero pures are hyzer flip machines.

Quoted for truth. Only other one that is pretty cool is the Trident.

Fuse, awesome disc.
trident
trespass
enforcer
diamond
suspect

The Harp is a great disc. It is similar to a Zone but not as overstable. It cycles really well in BT Hard plastic (also available in Medium, Soft, and VIP).

I really like the Judge as a driving putter (cycles well in Classic plastic). I use a Harp/Judge combo for driving duties (two of each in cycled in hard plastic). The Judge also makes a very good introductory disc into the world of beaded putting putters. It isn't as deep as a Wizard / KC Aviar so it is great for smaller hands. I have recently graduated to Wizards for putting but after starting with Summits and Pures, I never would have been able to make the jump directly to Wizards.

The Warden also makes a great driving putter. It is straight, long, and good in the wind. It is similar to an Aviar but not as deep and can take more torque.

The Truth is basically a Buzzz... probably a tad longer. DD's baseline plastic options give the Truth a leg-up in my opinion. (although Discraft counters with the Buzzz OS and SS options)

I liked the flight and feel of the BioFuzion Escape. It is a very long/controllable disc (although I prefer a P-PD or TL3).

The Opto Villain excels in the wind. Mine has a slanted rim... not sure if they are all like that but it may be a problem for sidearm. If I come across one with a standard rim, I may consider bagging it.

I agree with others in regards to the Pure (I like the Opto plastic).

I own a Warship and am not a fan... it is long but bad in the wind and doesn't power down well enough to be a workhorse mid.

The Thief is long/glidey but also bad in the wind.

The Enforcer was too over-stable for me to have an opinion (it is really good at going left).

I bought the Diamond in 150g weights for my two young daughters and it works great for them. I could probably use it as an understable fairway in a heavier weight... it feels great in the hand.

That is everything I have tried from Trilogy. I would like to try the Claymore and possibly the King.

Hmm, wish I had one of these OS Warships when I tried one.

I would say two of the most consistent in my experience would be heavy Opto Fuses (start out straight, wear into really controllable hyzer flippers) and VIP Swords (Good HSS and forward fading).

The Grand Poobah and Creme de la Creme is 100% The Opto Pure.
It is truely a game changer!!

300ft and under its my go to on 85% of my shots. At the same distance, the Zone picks up the other 15% for OS duties.

The Pure is perfectly named IMO, that really describes the flight.
I hear a lot of folks describe a disc as "holding the line you put it on", but the Pure is the only mold I've tried that does that out of the box and continues to do that as it seasons. The one in my bag is over a season old and it hasnt changed a bit from day one. Thats saying A LOT for a trilogy disc, bc I feel like Opto plastic in other molds seasons much faster than other Champ-type blends.
I'm far from a fanboy, and carry a complete mix bag (no overmolds), but If I was voting for a flagship mold out of the trilogy camp, it'd certainly be the Pure.

I am interested in a Harp in the Opto-type plastic. ( I forget what its called from WS)
It seems like a good Ontario Champ Rhyno replacement...Like I really need one haha

^If you already bag a zone, no need for harp.

True dat.

I put a fresh Pearly Champ Ontario Rhyno in the bag this year, and holy crap is it a BEEFCAKE. I carry a Cryztal FLX Zone, so its lost a touch of HSS making it significantly longer than the Rhyno. There is def overlap between the two, but they coexist well.

I imagine the Harp is faster than the Rhyno. More like my seasoned Zone...Sooo, yeah...No need.

They are nice looking, good feeling discs tho.

One of the things that often gets overlooked about the Harp is that they also make outstanding putting putters in the wind. Much better than a Zone or Rhino in my opinion.

Everybody will have different opinions. From my experience, I threw a ton of "Trilogy" molds for a time but ended up putting all my Innova back in the bag. The only 2 molds that stayed in my bag were the Escape and Trident.

I agree with Qikly. Try some Dynamic.

Try a Truth in the Buzzz spot. Flips to lazer straight. Fluid is really good for high speed stability and reliable mild fade. You can go down to low 170s for extra distance and still keep a really reliable line with this plastic.

Max weight Opto Felon.
Max weight Moonshine Trespass (distance destroyer)
Any weight Opto/Moonshine Enforcer (beefcake destroyer)

Depending on your arm speed, the trespass is like a destroyer for those that don't have the arm for destroyers, and the warden is a better aviar P&a and to me is the most undervalued disc in the trilogy lineup. Never seen anyone in my area use wardens but me.

The Goant is a good rec, Stag too. But for me it's the Harp and the Trident. I am sort of two different players in one body; a very hard throwing forehand player who can crush some drives, and a finesse based backhand player who can hit complex lines but tops out around 350.

I like discs to have uses for both sides if possible and the Harp is an amazing touch FH and approach disc and equally good as an hyzer of flex short disc BH. Not a bad windy day putter either.

Tridnet I can throw some great long floaty flex shots FH as well as tunnel FH shots and skips, BH I usebit like a faster mid for low ceilings and dog leg left shots.

Thew both laugh at the wind.

I have two of each.

One thing I noticed about the opto pure is it's much more overstable than I thought. It seems to resist bad form, so I can see why it's so popular. Also has pretty good glide but not great, which I can also see people liking, but I think I like the fuse more overall. Total floaty glidey goodness and a finesse player's dream.

Another vote for Opto Pure. My favorite driving putter by far.