• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Pick 1 Trilogy Disc to Make Me a Believer

Verdict. Feels so good in the hand for backhand and forehand. Dead straight HSS, good glide for being OS, and fast, all while being very trustworthy. Has some fade but not too much, and you can just throw it lower to negate that...it will still get out there on the speed. Holds hyzer lines great. Can throw annies that flex forward at the end. When that disc misses a shot, I know what I did wrong. When I release it, I already know where it will go for the rest of its flight.

Its a toss up between Tourney Giant (167-172g) or a Lucid Felon (167-169g)

The Westside sorcerer in VIP plastic has become my favorite disc, I throw all plastics, love each one but VIP throws just a lil better for me

I really like my Westside Air King, mine is 154g, i wish it were 160-165g. Great distance, nice turn with a slight fade at the end. Happy hunting

I think there is already a great list of top notch molds here. Opto Pure, Felon, Trident and Harp are all great and less prone to huge variations in quality compared to some of the more glidey fairway drivers like River, Vision and Saint.

My personal recommendations however would be the Verdict and Saint Pro. The Verdict is pretty unique as it has the speed and glide to get you far, but it still has the midrange feel and control and as an OS mold it works really well in the wind.

The Saint Pro on the other hand is pretty Teebird-ish and gets the vote for being very controllable and versatile. You can have a beefy one (e.g. heavy DecoDye) for wind and fade while you can beat one (lighter flat GL) into a straight to understable. It's also pretty easy to identify the flight already at the shop when you get accustomed to them.

Verdict, very reliable mid without being crazy OS. Think a midrange PD, straight then fade.
Pure, Opto is great: Grip line is holy grail, (the dome means more glide/distance but similar stability)
Riot (if you can handle slanted rim) This is a very reliable high speed driver (not warp speed) has a little less glide than other trilogy drivers so it is less touchy, seems to handle all winds well except raging headwinds. My workhorse driver.

The Giant and Truth instantly clicked my first time throwing each. I love that VIP/Lucid plastic too. I hear a lot of forum chatter about the Opto Pure, maybe one day I'll get around to tring it out.

Pure, but putters are a really personal thing.
Second I would say Trident. great overstable driver and reliable out of the box. Probably best in opto since that is more stable I would say.

If you had to pick only one disc. I'd say Opto Pure. Great glide and super durable in Opto plastic. It's probably the furthest flying putter for anyone that has taken the time to learn it.

There aren't too many truly unique discs in the Trilogy lineup. The only one I can think of is the Trident. It has the hand feel of a fairway driver but the distance of a midrange. They work well for low ceiling midrange shots (around 200-250') that need a good skip or midrange forehand shots. I took it out of the bag in favor of a powered down Firebird.

I went through a Trilogy phase a few years ago, it didn't last all that long and the only molds I still use are the Suspect, Judge and Escape. I don't see the Suspect or Judge leaving the bag anytime in the near future and the Escape probably won't be replaced when it's usefulness fades, it's a good disc though.

I no longer throw any Lat64 discs, but the Pure is a nice too, I just prefer a bead.

I ponied up for a trilogy mystery box a while back. Gave me a chance to try a few molds.
Midrange- Opto Core
Fairway- VIP Underworld
Driver- VIP Air Giant.
Other than the Saint, these are the ones that got used the most. The Core moves in and out of my bag, but the Underworld and Giant stay.

Latest posts