• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pick Two and Why. Goat Island, Rankin Lake or Bradley Center.

Bamm

Double Eagle Member
All three are rated almost equal. Which of the two do the locals (or guys that have played them) prefer and why? Thanks!................jb

If you're playing in the summer, not Goat Island. You'll be eaten alive by mosquitoes.

Rest of the year, Rankin & Goat. Rankin is completely underrated because it's not a CDGC course. Bradley is a fun, shorter, more technical course. Just not as good as the other two.

So with the mosquito issue, I am thinking of switching up altogether. Since we are headed to the Greenville area, I am thinking of substituting Holston Park and Century Park. How's that sound?

So with the mosquito issue, I am thinking of switching up altogether. Since we are headed to the Greenville area, I am thinking of substituting Holston Park and Century Park. How's that sound?

Not Century Park. Pipeline, Shoally, and Timmons are all much better choices.

As for Holston, it's almost exclusively in the open. If you're playing in the summer, there's very little relief from the sun while you're trudging through 27 holes. If you're not used to being in 90+ temperatures for 2+ hours straight, it's not the course for you. If the weather is better, it's an excellent course.

Going to Shoally, GCS, Pipeline, Timmons, and Foothills Friday/Saturday. Holston and Century looked like good options. Virginia might not quite be South Carolina humid but it's close. I've played All Terrain and Chester State Park before as well, not looking at those. Any other suggestions Craig?

You should be fine then if it's just those courses in a single day. You've got all the good Upstate courses in your agenda. If you want to head 45 minutes further south, look into Grand Central Station. Might be the area's best course.

Shoot, I just came back from a trip to Kentucky last weekend where I played Idlewild, Lincoln Ridge, Mt Airy, and two other courses all in the same day. Oh yeah, and I drove 500 miles that day too. Point being, if you're smart about it and well prepared, temps aren't an issue.

Latest posts