• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Pig vs. Rhyno

Both of these discs would be better if they'd go back to making them in regular Pro instead of R-Crap.

Glad to hear you find the rhyno sweet. I initially thought it was gummy too until I saw some of those asia open gummy rhynos. Yours is nursing a semi compared to those flaccid things.

Yeah I know I have seen those super floppy ones. I am upset that it is suppose to rain all day tomorrow. I really want to go give this rhyno a try.

Last edited:
I have both and I can say this, love the pig for the short upshot type shots that are out of putter range, i hit a few of these for a deuce this year, i like the rhyno alot more for putting but on those days when the wind is crazy the pig is a better putting disc. I'd say keep both in the bag use the rhyno to putt with and use the pig for shot hyzer runs at the basket when your just outside of putter range or into strong head winds

I liked the rhyno for drives mostly but it seemed like whenever I would practice feldberg style jump putts it would go dead straight to the chains more often than any of my other putters. If I could find a good, hard dx rhyno I would love to give it a try. The champ was just too slick for my sweaty hands.

i vote rhyno. as said earlier, it is much more versatile. i carry 3. 1 xg champ, 1 pro beat, 1 pro line newish in the process of beating in. i don't putt with them. they are more like my go to mid. holes less than 260ish (depending on elevation change) more than likely means a rhyno off the tee for me. xg champ is for headwinds, fh approaches, finishing left. beat pro holds any line and is my main approach disc. if i'm outside 100 ft, i reach for it. won my first tourney with rhynos. i had a pig for awhile. doesn't do anything a rhyno can't.

Somewhat interchangeable...

I really love my rhyno. For me, i use it as an approach disc in both fH and BH ~200'.

The only difference (for me) is that the pig requires a touch more power and snap. It also "feels" like an approach disc (pig) whereas the rhyno feels like a "chunky" putter that works great as an approach.

The FH guys i play with swear by either (almost equal split).

I really like how the rhyno is an all purpose putter, amazing driver and highly controlled BH approach disc - that is also one of the best FH discs in the game. I cant quite give the Pig as many uses and compliments. If i have a straight line up to 225' i can BH my Rhyno. If i have any straight or FH line up to the same i can use a controlled throw to drop it.

*Key to finding optimal usage (it seems for both) is disc weight however. The lack of glide really accentuates "too heavy" selections; too light seems to be "more flippy" than desired/expected.

I use the pig for headwinds and can get it out to about 280 haven't experienced with the rhyno as much.

I just picked up a Rhyno... below average disc but it might be because I got it in DX! I like that I can forehand like a mid range.

1 vote for the Pro Pig

Although my first putter was an old school pro rhyno, I no longer carry it in my bag. I made the switch to the pig, then to an SSS wizard as my #1 putter.

The pig has become my #1 mid for most shots between 50'--225'ish depending on wind conditions. I feel confident using it for long range hyzer putts and it's also great for turbo putting to get out of trouble situations.

I like to use it for shorter hyzer drives as well. My oldest pig has been used for 2 aces. :D

Both of these discs would be better if they'd go back to making them in regular Pro instead of R-Crap.

I got a Pro Pig last year and I love the way it feels in my hand. Having put a bit of wear on it, this has become my go to putter. I recently found out that Innova only made the Pig in Pro plastic for a short while and it's only available in R-Pro now. I've checked out these R-Pro Pigs and they do not have that perfect feel that my Pro has.

I prefer to use firmer putters so the R-Pro pig is not a viable replacement for the Pro Pig if I were to lose it or something. In my search for such a disc, I've tried the Rhyno in Champion plastic only. In comparing this with the Pig, the flight of each is somewhat similar, and I agree with what most of the others who have posted here about it have said. The difference though, IMHO, is in how the discs feel in your hand. The Rhyno has a lower profile and a bead. The Pig is a bit taller and doesn't have a bead.

BTW, if anyone has any suggestions on what kind of putter might make a good replacement for my Pro Pig, I'd love to hear them. I've already tried a Rhyno, Vibram V.P., Zone, and a Ringer.

BTW, if anyone has any suggestions on what kind of putter might make a good replacement for my Pro Pig, I'd love to hear them. I've already tried a Rhyno, Vibram V.P., Zone, and a Ringer.

Have you tried a wizard? Maybe give it a shot with the glow or medium based on what you posted although I prefer the SSS version. For me, it was an easy transition from the pig as my main putter.

The only problem is that some of the SSS wizards are firm and vice versa. It would be best to do a side by side comparison in the store if possible. If the bead is not for you, maybe try out a warlock?

Rhyno is plenty stable for me. Nice glide, control, lands like a UFO. One of my fave discs. Can use it for all mid shots as well. Straightest flyer for me. Great feel in the hand. Can take a hard rip and not flip.

I carry at 2-3 Rhynos for every round. I have a beat in DX Rhyno that I use for almost all putts. I had a slightly newer DX Rhyno that is a tad more stable, but is being replaced by a slightly gummy Champion Rhyno for windy approachs and when I need to throw with more power. In addition, I use the Rhyno for drives up to 250' and up shots up to 200'. I've gotten Rhynos out to about 285' but it requires an anhyzer route and requires too much power to hold it's line. I don't really see a need for the Pig. I've almost been tempted to get one, but I prefer the Buzzz or Cro where the Rhyno can't fly or I don't want to throw with max power.

Latest posts