• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Pine

Gonna join the fray, got one coming my way - gotta say Bard and Compass/Warship/Sling works for me. I imagine Pine is somewhere in between?

So, been throwing this the last week. Gotta say, it has met my expectations. I find it easier to throw than the Bard or the Compass, due to the shape of the rim or the depth, not quite sure. Have just missed on a bunch of ace-run holes with it. It is easy to throw, has some nice distance, and is stable enough for most conditions. Excellent mid.

Has anyone thrown the new production runs yet? I see them in VIP on a few sites

So, been throwing this the last week. Gotta say, it has met my expectations. I find it easier to throw than the Bard or the Compass, due to the shape of the rim or the depth, not quite sure. Have just missed on a bunch of ace-run holes with it. It is easy to throw, has some nice distance, and is stable enough for most conditions. Excellent mid.

Bard/Anchor to me seem like the same disc. I'm not a fan of beaded discs and find the Verdict/Pine and Compass to feel pretty similar and like throwing them all.
I have a Verdict that has been my main OS mid but it is quickly losing some of its ability to stay straight in head wind and may be losing its fade a bit...
Where do you compare the new production Pines vs verdict?

I have a Lucid Verdict, VIP Bard, and the TC Pine.

My Verdict is lazer straight with some fade at the end.
Pine has more pronounced fade with 0 turn.
Bard is beef for me, very OS. (not as broken OS as a justice through)

Pine definitely fits between the two in terms of stability and distance in my experience.

Had a round with my VIP Pine. Solid overall mid, workably stable like a fresh Roc. Kind of reminds me of something, domey Sentinel maybe. It's got a thinner rim so bigger handed people might not like it but other than that it's another good straight mid with dependable fade. I doubt it's going to be OS enough to stay in that OS mid role as it breaks in but maybe, if you don't need Drone levels of beef. I did hit a couple of pines with my Pine for whatever that's worth.

it's an ok disc IMHO, my trilogy vip version beat in rather quickly and lost some of that fade, I prefer my Verdict or Moonshine Emac for that slot

For my game the Pine works very well.

I have 3 at this point
1 T.C. VIP
2 regular VIP

They fly very similar except the T.C. seems to climb easier whereas the regular VIP likes a lower line.

All 3 have a slight amount of HST with a healthy fade.

Very slightly shorter than my Warships and a much stronger fade at the end.

For my game the Pine works very well.

I have 3 at this point
1 T.C. VIP
2 regular VIP

They fly very similar except the T.C. seems to climb easier whereas the regular VIP likes a lower line.

All 3 have a slight amount of HST with a healthy fade.

Very slightly shorter than my Warships and a much stronger fade at the end.

Do you get less distance/glide with your new non tc pines?

/\ /\ /\

actually the new non-t.c. Pines are much fresher and less beat but I think I get more glide from the non-t.c., it will be interesting to see how they beat in.

It may be the lines I am able to throw, but they are long, coming up close to my warships but still finishing with a healthy fade.

For me they seem just about perfect.

Aced today with my Pine, it was just a solo practice round but i was pretty excited!

I rescued a TC Pine from the used bin today. It looks identical to my stock Pine, just a smidge flatter maybe. I'd be shocked if it flew much different but we'll see soon. These are good feeling mids though. I used to throw Pains a lot and it remains me a lot of them, just a rounder, nicer rim.

Yeah. Pine is solid. I forgot over the winter how much I liked it. Thanks for the bump y'all.

Brother Dave, the only real difference I see between the TC Pines & the regular Pine is the TC seems to climb easier, the regular seems to stay on lowere lines. I bag both and use them almost daily.

It is likely a release issue for me, but I actually like the variation, I use them for different throws.