• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] old truth?

discchess86

I recently picked up a truth and I found that it has a stability more like an emac and it looks like an emac regarding profile. Does this mean I have an old truth?

The Truth (a still active DD mold) and the E-mac Truth are two different molds with different flight numbers. DD has produced several regular Truths in various plastics that make some more stable than others. It doesn't necessarily mean you have an "old" truth.

The Truth :

There were some very early (proto) Truth tooled Verdicts that had Truth embossed in the plastic, but with Verdict stamps. Most of these I remember seeing were glow and extremely coveted, but it looks like there were some Lucid Truth tooled Verdict protos as well.

The flight numbers on the Truth used to be 5 5 0 2, which are now the flight numbers on the Emac Truth. I believe they changed to 5 5 -1 1 when the Emac was released. Trilogy used to take a lot of heat for printing flight numbers that were less stable than you'd expect compared to Innova flight numbers, so this was probably part of that correction, however I never heard that they changed the mold at this time.

My longest most stable non-Emacs are my old Moonshine and Fluid Truths.

Latest posts