• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Understable complement to an Emac Truth?

G-Vaughn0906

Recently just picked up a slightly used Emac Truth. Wondering what anyones thoughts are for an understable complement to it. Meaning, same feel and shape. I have an Opto Fuse that's beat in and I can get it to hold long right turns without ever coming back with little power. Wondering what my best option would be to replace this disc since my Fuse and Emac don't feel that similar. Thanks in advance.

Recently just picked up a slightly used Emac Truth. Wondering what anyones thoughts are for an understable complement to it. Meaning, same feel and shape. I have an Opto Fuse that's beat in and I can get it to hold long right turns without ever coming back with little power. Wondering what my best option would be to replace this disc since my Fuse and Emac don't feel that similar. Thanks in advance.

What plastic is your Emac Truth? A Prime Emac Truth would soon be an understable compliment to a Lucid Emac Truth.

Agree the regular Truth might be an option, but neither will be understablelike a Fuse. A regular Truth is like a Buzzz, not like a Fuse. A Truth in Prime plastic would be the best option. Prime beats up quickly.

If you want to switch brands, a Discmania Origin is fantastic understable mid, more similar to theEmac than a Fuse. Not as understable as the fuse, but close.

Last edited:
A regular Truth won't be that understable out of the box. A beat one might work. The actual answer is a Warrant. They don't seem to be in regular production and can be hard to find, but I just checked Disc Golf Center and they actually have a decent number of Prime Warrants in stock.

A regular Truth won't be that understable out of the box. A beat one might work. The actual answer is a Warrant. They don't seem to be in regular production and can be hard to find, but I just checked Disc Golf Center and they actually have a decent number of Prime Warrants in stock.

This. I did t know they were in production at all.

I had to switch out my mids for winter so just grabbed some out of my stash based off color. The Westside Warship is what I'm currently bagging alongside an Emac Truth. Maybe they aren't an exact match for hand feel but they're close enough for me.

What plastic is your Emac Truth? A Prime Emac Truth would soon be an understable compliment to a Lucid Emac Truth.

Agree the regular Truth might be an option, but neither will be understablelike a Fuse. A regular Truth is like a Buzzz, not like a Fuse. A Truth in Prime plastic would be the best option. Prime beats up quickly.

If you want to switch brands, a Discmania Origin is fantastic understable mid, more similar to theEmac than a Fuse. Not as understable as the fuse, but close.
My Emac Truth is Lucid

You could try a Tursas, it's got a little shallower feel then a Fuse, but not quite to a Truth as terms of feel, I like it a little better though and have all the discs you mentioned. I didn't like the Warrant. It was fairly squirrelly meaning it would turn a little unpredictably. Not as controllable as a Fuse or Tursas.

The Origin is a good option too as another mentioned. You could buy a regular Truth but you'll have to beat it in for sure to get it near the Fuse level.

Evidence would be an ideal understable compliment, but for whatever reason trilogy stopped making it. I'm not sure why though, it goes soooo far.

I'm an Emac Truth thrower. Currently I bag:
Lucid-X Emac Truth
Fuzion Emac Truth
Beat-to-snot 4-year-old Biofuzion Emac Truth
TP Tursas

Hand feel is very important to me (I'm neurotic), so I did dabble with the Warrant while it was in production. For my hands, the Tursas is actually a better pairing for the Emac than the Warrant, despite the Warrant being designed to feel like the Emac and OG Truths. The reason why is because the rim of the Tursas (where you're primarily gripping) feels very similar to Truths, whereas the Warrant felt thinner and just a bit odd to my hand. The flipside of that though is that the overall shape of a Warrant was pretty similar to the Truths, whereas the nose of the Tursas is very different from a Truth. Since the nose is a part of the disc that doesn't really impact my grip much, this doesn't bother me.

Prior to them going OOP, I used to rely on the Evidence pretty heavily. Verdict/Emac Truth/Evidence/Tursas (if all in the same plastic type) was a great midrange lineup with a consistent hand feel, other than the top piece of the Tursas giving it a rounded rather than blunt nose. With the release of L-X Emacs I no longer carry a Verdict, and I ditched Evidences because I hate throwing OOP discs. So now I'm down to just two midrange molds. I still have a small stack of Evidences, a couple of which are unthrown with the sticker still on, simply because I'm lazy and haven't gone to the effort of selling them online. I have no intention of ever bagging them again.

One final word of caution – I personally would avoid Trilogy baseline plastic mids since hand feel seems important to you. For whatever reason, Prime and Classic plastics mold up pancake flat for mids and thus feel very different from their premium counterparts. The best plastic combo if you're looking for same feel but different flight is Lucid-X and Biofuzion.

The warrant is the right answer IMO. Regular truth in Lucid still is not "understable." Tursas could work, but the feel is different, though it is at least beadless, unlike the fuse, which, for obvious reasons, also feels quite different.

The warrant feels very similar to the EMac truth. I dabbled with the Tursas in this spot, but the one I got is pretty domey and felt deeper than the Truth/Warrant, so I'm just hoping I don't lose any of my two remaining lucid warrants. To call it squirrelly is likely more user error than discs fault; which can be said for basically any understable disc.

If DD drops some lucid warrants some time, I'm stocking up. They feel great and shred in the woods.

And yeah, as aphilso1 said, Prime plastic for putters all day; avoid it for anything faster than a putter though.

Edit: forgot to say I heart the EMac Truth :) and verdict, for that matter.

EMac Truth was made to be a DD Buzzz. I believe they have similar stability, so I don't think it would make a good US compliment to an ETruth. I haven't thrown a buzzz in a long while tho, since the ETruth is better, IMO.

Nobody chiming in with Buzzz?

EMac Truth was made to be a DD Buzzz. I believe they have similar stability, so I don't think it would make a good US compliment to an ETruth. I haven't thrown a buzzz in a long while tho, since the ETruth is better, IMO.
I always thought that the regular Truth was supposed to be more like a Buzzz if I'm not mistaken.

Maybe the regular Truth is supposed to be a Buzzz SS though.

I always thought that the regular Truth was supposed to be more like a Buzzz if I'm not mistaken.

Maybe the regular Truth is supposed to be a Buzzz SS though.

It's a long story, that can be found on youtube if you search for history of emac truth or something like that.

Cliff notes version: Truth was one of DD's first molds. Something happened to where that one specific mold started coming out less stable than they wanted. So they 'tweaked' the mold design to mimic the flight that the Truth originally had, and with a nearly identical hand feel. They called that tweaked mold the Emac Truth. And because a lot of people had fallen in love with the Truth at that point, they still kept the regular Truth in production but updated the flight numbers to reflect the lower stability.

Related note: if you ever hear someone use the phrase "PreMac Truth" that means it is a disc from the original Truth mold, but back before the mold lost stability. This was the disc that was truly designed to be the DD Buzzz.

The warrant is the right answer IMO. Regular truth in Lucid still is not "understable." Tursas could work, but the feel is different, though it is at least beadless, unlike the fuse, which, for obvious reasons, also feels quite different.

The warrant feels very similar to the EMac truth. I dabbled with the Tursas in this spot, but the one I got is pretty domey and felt deeper than the Truth/Warrant, so I'm just hoping I don't lose any of my two remaining lucid warrants. To call it squirrelly is likely more user error than discs fault; which can be said for basically any understable disc.

If DD drops some lucid warrants some time, I'm stocking up. They feel great and shred in the woods.

And yeah, as aphilso1 said, Prime plastic for putters all day; avoid it for anything faster than a putter though.

Edit: forgot to say I heart the EMac Truth :) and verdict, for that matter.

It has more to do with the design of the disc. When you have a flat top on a fairly understable disc it's simply not going to be very reliable at decent power. You need some dome to give it more glide, slow it down more, make it more predictable.

Finicky, squirrelly unpredictable are what I would call it. People also and certainly not just me will also say get some dome on a Fuse or Tursas. Flat top understable discs simply don't work well. I would call it a design flaw.

Other pro's agree as well. In case you are wondering. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhoKG5S6jiU

I do like flat beefy discs though. You're already likely throwing into a headwind. "Don't need the glide" and even some straight discs can be fine for me that are flatter. Like a Truth.

It's a long story, that can be found on youtube if you search for history of emac truth or something like that.

Cliff notes version: Truth was one of DD's first molds. Something happened to where that one specific mold started coming out less stable than they wanted. So they 'tweaked' the mold design to mimic the flight that the Truth originally had, and with a nearly identical hand feel. They called that tweaked mold the Emac Truth. And because a lot of people had fallen in love with the Truth at that point, they still kept the regular Truth in production but updated the flight numbers to reflect the lower stability.

Related note: if you ever hear someone use the phrase "PreMac Truth" that means it is a disc from the original Truth mold, but back before the mold lost stability. This was the disc that was truly designed to be the DD Buzzz.

Yeah I got a couple premacs still. An emac premac even. (the white one with his little design on the corner).

Latest posts