• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PINEY WOODS OPEN VIII DEC. 10-11

hookem41

If anyone is going to want to play this tournament this year, you're going to want to check out the thread here.

There will only be online registration at www.titledisc.com or if you're local, you can get an entry form from Jerry Power and his contact info is at the bottom of that thread. It is not up yet on the website, but I spoke to Jerry yesterday and he said it should be ready within 48 hrs or so.

There is not a lot of time to register, and he's limiting the size of the field so he is expecting it to fill fairly quick.

On a personal note, yesterday I scored my first back to back 3's on 12 & 13 with the Dogwood course in the long pin positions. If you haven't played the Dogwood yet, you need to.

I wish everyone a good day filled with fairways and chains, Cheers.
W

Man I hope I can make this one. Havent played a decent size tourney in months!!
Any one have an idea of the entry fee?

registration up on titledisc.com

titledisc.com has the registration up and running. The advanced and pro fields will be limited to 60 each I believe.

...and no offense, but if you think that the Dogwood course is "one of the most poorly designed courses in disc golf history", you're obviously not good enough to be playing it.

The Dogwood is a championship calibur course that is designed to have a very small margin for error. It's one of the toughest courses in the country, and we locals consider ourselves very lucky to have such an amazing course in our back yard.

And I do wish it was closer. I would play it all the time if I had the opportunity. I still don't like it though.

A course that challenges every shot in the bag isn't poorly designed. It's tough like a real course should be.

I see the Dogwood has upset another person, let them know the ROC is right down the road. It may be a little more to some peoples liking.

Hey Tyler Crew! i really hope i get to make it for the piney woods this year. i talk about Lindsey Park out here in El Paso all the time. i have gotten to play some sweet courses in New Mexico but i sure do miss the Dogwood.

if you arent from Tyler i assure you that this is an awesome tournament but you do have to play some good golf. they are not alot of duece or die holes but i promise getting a three on some of the holes in dogwood feel just as good if not better. looking forward to catching with you guys.

HBOMB

No offense but Dogwood gold is one of the most poorly designed courses in Disc Golf history.

No offense, but you should probably learn to throw straight and
hit your gap. You should go play longview, probably a little easier for you.

I want to play, but I don't want to have to play longs again, resulting in 5 hour rounds like at Tyler 54. Any word on what tees the advanced ladies will be playing from?

Hey Tyler Crew! i really hope i get to make it for the piney woods this year. i talk about Lindsey Park out here in El Paso all the time. i have gotten to play some sweet courses in New Mexico but i sure do miss the Dogwood.

if you arent from Tyler i assure you that this is an awesome tournament but you do have to play some good golf. they are not alot of duece or die holes but i promise getting a three on some of the holes in dogwood feel just as good if not better. looking forward to catching with you guys.

HBOMB

Hey Chris, good to hear from ya man. Hope all is well out there in windy west TX. Hope you are able to make it out for the PWO, take care bud.
Cheers,
Will

Anybody in Tyler know what the name of those trees are that have the pyramid shaped knobs on them, that act as an anaesthetic when you cut them off and place on your tongue?

ps Gold is a course that will kick your butt, but you will want to come back for more. Definitely helps to play it several times so you will know where to avoid if your shot does not stay in the fairway. Strategy is a key with this course.

Anybody in Tyler know what the name of those trees are that have the pyramid shaped knobs on them, that act as an anaesthetic when you cut them off and place on your tongue?

ps Gold is a course that will kick your butt, but you will want to come back for more. Definitely helps to play it several times so you will know where to avoid if your shot does not stay in the fairway. Strategy is a key with this course.

we call em "tickle tongue" trees.

Was playing blue course on Thanksgiving and lost my KC Pro red/clear swirl Gazelle on blue #18.(behind top softball hill. Will be back for PWO & will give u pick of my discs if returned!!!

Nope he broke his hand a few days ago... Now he has to replace his car window. lol

Latest posts