• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pittsburgh to Los Angeles Suggestions!

WadeFerrari

Hello!

This is a little far in advance, but I will be driving from Pittsburgh to Los Angeles towards the end of October into the beginning of November.

I've done this drive 5 times previous and this time around I'm taking much longer to make it a Disc Golf Across America Roadtrip, but I'd like to poll you beautiful people for some suggestion!

Route A: Pennsylvania->Ohio->Indiana->Illinois->Minnesota->Southern South Dakota->Northern Wyoming->South East Idaho->Utah->Southern Nevada(Vegas area)->Southern California
Route A allows me to hit Blue Ribbon Pines, Bryant Plake, Highbridge Golds
OR

Route B: Pennsylvania->Ohio->Indiana->Missouri->Kansas->Colorado->Utah->Southern Nevada(Vegas area)-> Southern California
Route B allows me to hit Crystal City, Ghost Town, and Kiss the Sky Aspen

What's your opinion? What are the best courses across America you've found? I can take as much time as I want to do the trip, so feel free to make any suggestions!

I'll also be traveling with DGCR Travel Tag #139 if anyone would like to swap along the way!

Route A for sure. Brian Head in Utah was awesome in the fall. Blue Ribbon Pines and Bryant Lake were also great courses in the Twin Cities area. If you will be close to the Chicago area, Fairfield in Round Lake is an awesome course that was recently redesigned by Chuck Kennedy.
In Southern California, so many choices. I'd say Coyote Point was my favorite.

On Route B, Crystal City is closed indefinitely....no word yet on a schedule for re-opening. But Ghost Town and the others in the Denver area like Beaver Ranch and Bailey are top notch mountain courses.

Weather on that northern route can be sketchy that time of year, but if you normally play winter rounds in Pittsburgh, no worries. Keep in mind, higher altitude courses (Aspen, Brian Head) will most likely be closed/pulled by your time frame. Ski areas are gearing up for their season, and usually shut their courses down by October. Other courses that are not seasonal should be open. Colorado usually starts getting it's mountain snow in mid-Oct., so it can be hit or miss, but you should be able to play Beaver Ranch, Bailey and Ghost Town.

BTW, I saw a recent thread on here that Crystal City is closed, probably permanently.

Thanks for the feedback guys! Such a bummer to hear Crystal City is closed! I saw a photo on Instagram form DiscGolfLife of the underground course and it looked incredible!

If you go the Wisconsin route, make sure to play Rollin' Ridge. More than Highbridge. Especially with all that's happened at Highbridge over the last 3 months