• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Planning a trip to Flip

rcracer757

Birdie Member
Well I had a talk with my wife and I will be making a trip to flip city this year. I am hoping in the next month or so. I sure hope it is as good as advertised. It will be about 27 miles from my intended destination. Maybe I will have to stay a few days and take in a couple other courses along the way.

Well I had a talk with my wife and I will be making a trip to flip city this year. I am hoping in the next month or so. I sure hope it is as good as advertised. It will be about 27 miles from my intended destination. Maybe I will have to stay a few days and take in a couple other courses along the way.

If you don't hit the Mason County courses while you're out here, you're making a huge mistake. All 3 of the courses are approaching Flip in quality, and they're on the same site, making it easy. Then there's nearby Leviathan, too boot, which I've heard is fantastic. Also, if you're coming from the south, BlueGill DGC is probably on the way, and is the only course in Michigan that I would call better than Flip. It's a bit harder to get permission to play, but it will leave your jaw on the floor.

Hell yes hit the Mason County Parks. At least one out of the three (I vote Beauty, but they are all nice). Leviathan is an a$$ kicker, but beautiful. Playing 24 holes at Flip and 24 holes at one of the four Ludington courses makes for a long but fun day.

At Flip City, you can show up and play. I always try to drop some $$$ in the box for Bill though because he is awesome-always doing maintenance by himself.

Let us know when, you might get some people to play with. I live 90 miles from Flip and I love to have an excuse to go up there! :)

One more vote for the 3 mason county courses, and if you like a course that beats you down the longs at Leviathan are really tough and in a beautiful forest.

Our group is going to be up there for trout opener the last weekend of April. Can't hardly wait. Played Flip for the first time last year and it changed my life. It really is THAT good. Was stupid and didn't make it up to Mason County.... I won't be making the same mistake this year.

If you don't hit the Mason County courses while you're out here, you're making a huge mistake. All 3 of the courses are approaching Flip in quality, and they're on the same site, making it easy. Then there's nearby Leviathan, too boot, which I've heard is fantastic. Also, if you're coming from the south, BlueGill DGC is probably on the way, and is the only course in Michigan that I would call better than Flip. It's a bit harder to get permission to play, but it will leave your jaw on the floor.

I will have to make this at least a couple day trip. My wife wants to go to the beaches that are close by and I want to do the disc golf courses. Really we are going to see her sisters friend that lives about 30 miles away from Flip city. I figure they can go to the beach and my son and I will head to Flip and other course. I mean I have a couple of really nice course by me, but Flip is rated the best in our nation. My other problem is I weigh 390 and it is really not an option for me to play too many courses in one day. Heck its tough for me to finish one. I am getting a personal trainer starting today. He is a college student right now that is looking to become a full fledged personal trainer and will train me for free. All I have to do is give him a testimonial.

Hell yes hit the Mason County Parks. At least one out of the three (I vote Beauty, but they are all nice). Leviathan is an a$$ kicker, but beautiful. Playing 24 holes at Flip and 24 holes at one of the four Ludington courses makes for a long but fun day.

At Flip City, you can show up and play. I always try to drop some $$$ in the box for Bill though because he is awesome-always doing maintenance by himself.

Let us know when, you might get some people to play with. I live 90 miles from Flip and I love to have an excuse to go up there! :)

I will drop some cash into the box because, I appreciate a good course. I am from Ohio so, I am a Big Buckeye fan. As of lately I have been a BIGGER disc golf fan. I will map out an itinerary in order to get the most out of my stay.

I will have my son with me so he can show off his little arm for a 4 year old. He can only throw it a little over 100ft, but for a 4 year old I think that is pretty impressive.

I started that thread with sidearm putts, awsome video of your son.Mason County {beauty,beast ,Leviathan} a must,also Fremonts Branston Park,a must play. But let us know when you go to F.C. We would love to do a round with you.I'm 10 minutes away. The snow is almost gone. I want to play tomorrow!

I started that thread with sidearm putts, awsome video of your son.Mason County {beauty,beast ,Leviathan} a must,also Fremonts Branston Park,a must play. But let us know when you go to F.C. We would love to do a round with you.I'm 10 minutes away. The snow is almost gone. I want to play tomorrow!

I will post a thread when I am going to go for sure. Right now I am working out everyday to get in shape again. I was up to 402 pounds and not very mobile. I am down to 382, but still have a long way to go. If I can get through a day of Dover and a couple other local courses. I think I will be ready to make the trip.

If you're planning on camping, be sure to give Bill_at_Flip a heads up so he knows you're coming.

Another vote for Leviathan and the Mason County courses (Beauty, Beast, Goliath). :thmbup:

Leviathan is ridiculously awesome but, uh, just a wee bit difficult. :|

Branstrom Park is Flip's little cousin. Ignore the preposterous tees and have a ball at this one. It's like 25 minutes away from Flip.

Mason County Park is brilliant too, but if you go to play Leviathan, don't forget to bring your black vinyl ball-gag.

the mason county parks are AWESOME! although Goliath can be a bit confusing to navigate if you dont play Beast first. Beauty, imo, is the best of the 3, what it lacks in length it makes up for in skill shots. my Grandma lives in ludington, everytime i visit i make sure that i give myself time to at least play beauty if not them all.

Latest posts