• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Planning my 2014 tourney schedule

It's the price we pay. broken right ankle 3 times. Right wrist just once and then the pinkies below. Luckily the worst break was the left pinky. the last pic shows how it can;t be bent straight. sorry for the lude shot of my work toilet. the bathroom in the office is the only place with a mirror.

Attachments

• broken Finger 1.jpeg
    broken Finger 1.jpeg
    76.9 KB · Views: 31
  • broken finger 2.jpeg
    broken finger 2.jpeg
    80.4 KB · Views: 29
  • broken finger 3.jpeg
    broken finger 3.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 28
I broke my right ankle 5 years ago, and as the plant foot for RHBH throwing, it aches and hurts after pretty much every round. 2 rounds at Portage Lakes today in old boots, up and down hills, and I was pretty much limping by the end. Sucks getting old, but ya keep going till you can't any longer.

Mike - I used to be a soccer goal keeper and have had most of my fingers broken from getting stepped on. I was told that a lot of aching in mine may be arthritic. Four 200mg Ibuprofen are equivalent to prescription strength NSAIDs (Non-steroidal anti inflammatory drugs). Sometime blasting yourself with those can help quite a bit. The generics at Walmart are like $4.00 for 200 also. Pretty affordable as an alternative if you can't get it checked out at the moment.

FWIW, I am not a doctor, and am not even trying to play one on the internet. ;-)

^^ Taking high doses of NSAIDs, even for a couple days, can cause stomach ulcers, or other gastrointestinal problems. I would definitely take them with non-acidic food to help buffer the effect.

Use any medication with caution, especially above the recommended dosage.

Last edited:
Unfortunately as time goes on my ability to play disc golf is increasingly put into jeapordy.

This is what my middle finger looks like when I hold it completely straight.

I've broken that finger 5 times and it hurts after every single throw. Its getting worse. I'm not able to get it looked at.

That and the whole moving to Charlotte thing just isn't happening right now.

I really want to compete. I'm throwing really, really well these days. Its just painful. I don't know what to do honestly. Its so frustrating being in a position to execute something you've wanted for years, only to be held back by injuries.

Mike a few ideas, first, turmeric. Lots of turmeric! It is a natural anti inflam.

Also do the full range of research on DMSO, and try that if you get into it. It can be very beneficial for lots of issues. Don't believe the government.

Toughest competition and the biggest, best courses.

I'm in the mood to travel and play some new courses too. Good excuse to head out for a weekend.

I'd also like to play at least one tournament in 2014 where the best in the world will also be playing, just to see how I stack up against them throwing the same course on the same day.

If I'm not too late, I would always recommend the 29th Sneeky Pete Classic in Burlington NC, if the lazy butt, disc golf hating (well, every activity hating) park employees don't let it slide by like they did with the long standing Spring season Alamance County Pro/Am. If it does play, it most likely will not include the Rock Creek course, as it has for the last eight or so years, but it will still be a grand event, especially if the baskets on the Cedarock course are moved between Saturday and Sunday rounds. Historically, Sneeky Pete has been scheduled in the Fall. I'd also suggest the 1st Whitsett Winter Solstice Sweepstakes at The Springwood Players' Course, on the other side of Burlington, as the course's first tournament went well yesterday.

Latest posts