• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Plant Drills?

odytlt2

hey guys
since 5 years
5 years im trying to plant first and then pull
.. cant do it

ALWAYS pull first then plant.
Video myself.. i playerd ALOT before already and drive far
but my BRAIN just cant do it
it try slow
i try walk
i try with heavy weigts
itry stand still
when i want to throw far its always. pull first then plant

any tipps`??

Keep front foot planted.
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134415

Elephant Walk
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136487

If you are properly loaded back in door frame drills like a bow arrow pulled back, and then drop into the plant, the swing should be automatic.
POIBR0H.png

Last edited:
I am not one to advise, but, I have the same issue and this week I started my footwork facing backwards and am throwing my Teebird right for the first time.

I want an electronic training aid for this, along with big stepping, stepping open and various other foul activities that my right leg participates in. The device in mind would be a dog shock collar attached to my scrotum and sending negative reinforcement every time a correct plant and pull isn't executed, I feel this to be the only solution that would cure me.

I want an electronic training aid for this, along with big stepping, stepping open and various other foul activities that my right leg participates in. The device in mind would be a dog shock collar attached to my scrotum and sending negative reinforcement every time a correct plant and pull isn't executed, I feel this to be the only solution that would cure me.

I'm a much bigger proponent of positive reinforcement. I'm thinking same thing but have the shock collar turned way down to just a tickle and it goes off when you plant your foot correctly.

Slow down. Stop even remotely caring about distance. And honestly spend time with the one-leg drill video above until you really get it. That will teach you about all you need to know about building your own swing up from there, or at least get you over the conceptual hurdle.

You should "fall" balanced on your brace leg. Let it swing forward through the x-step. Time it together with your off-arm. So that both front leg and back arm is swinging out from your body/CoG at the same time. Then they should both brace up tight against the body. Going from relaxed and swinging to controlled push against the ground force.
If you focus on this you wont be early or late.

I'm a much bigger proponent of positive reinforcement. I'm thinking same thing but have the shock collar turned way down to just a tickle and it goes off when you plant your foot correctly.

Or, negative reinforcement: turn the collar up high, and use a switch on your shoe that turns it off when you plant correctly.

(Common misconception, negative reinforcement is the same as punishment. Nope, totally different. By definition, reinforcement increases a behavior while punishment decreases it. Negative reinforcement increases a behavior, but the reward is a decrease in something painful, like shock, loud noise, etc.)

Or, negative reinforcement: turn the collar up high, and use a switch on your shoe that turns it off when you plant correctly.

(Common misconception, negative reinforcement is the same as punishment. Nope, totally different. By definition, reinforcement increases a behavior while punishment decreases it. Negative reinforcement increases a behavior, but the reward is a decrease in something painful, like shock, loud noise, etc.)

A decrease in something painful, is a reward?