• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Plasti Dip Experiences

maansmit

Double Eagle Member
Getting ready to apply some Plasti Dip to my new Revo Mini bag. Has anyone had any negative experiences/results doing this to their bags? Does it hold up pretty well? Any concerns in doing it? Thanks.

I have also seen Shoe Goo referenced as an alternative. Anyone tried that and what have been the results?

Does the revo mini have the same bottom as the Carolina? If so make sure you add a few extra layers to the two you should put on.

I added it to my innova Comp bag and it worked great. When I got my Revo bag I applied to the bottom just to add to the protection of the wearing from the roll cage. Works wonders.

....just use it in a well-ventilated area. I didn't realize the importance until I tried to stand up after doing in in my tiny apartment, lol

I used the paint-on and it worked great. When/if it wears down, you can just clean the dirt off and re-apply. Mine is going on about 7 months and it still an inpenetrable barrier.

I have put it on 3 bags so far.

The brush on goes on trick and lasts/performs better.

The spray on looks more "professional" but takes more coats and doesn't adhere as well as the brush on...but it still works really well

I ended up doing 5 coats of the paint on kind on the exterior of the bag and two coats on the interior bottom to protect against wear from the internal disck cage. Worked pretty wel.

I put on like 8 thin coats. It dries pretty quick. I just used foam brushes. I hated that my mini would soak up moisture from the snow and then transfer it to my pants. This fixed that problem.

I wouldn't get too crazy with soap. If you don't get it rinsed out completely you are gonna be hosed.

I would say towels w warm water and let dry thoroughly. Luckily, most bag material is pretty coarse so plasti-dip sticks to it well even with minor staining.

i did my simian sometime a year ago. used the spray on plastidip and just kept spraying coats until the can ran out. i allowed for proper drying time in between coats though. i used it for a year or so and then sold the bag a few months back with the coating still on it. works great for keeping the bag from gettin soaked on the ground. that was the main reason i did it.

IMG_3792.jpg

IMG_3793.jpg

IMG_3795.jpg

IMG_3797.jpg

I have put it on 3 bags so far.

The brush on goes on trick and lasts/performs better.

The spray on looks more "professional" but takes more coats and doesn't adhere as well as the brush on...but it still works really well

I've never done the Plasti-dip thing on a bag before so I can't speak from experience, but how about this idea. Apply the base coats using a brush and then spray on the final coat for that finished "professional" look. Of course depending on coarseness of the brush that's used to apply the base coats, it make take two coats of spray. Just a thought.

... how about this idea. Apply the base coats using a brush and then spray on the final coat for that finished "professional" look...

This is exactly what I was considering doing with my new bag, which arrives in a few days. I bought the spray for my last bag because you got more plasti for the $$, and ended up doing 4ish coats of differing thickness. I still have some (.3-.5) of the spray-can left, so getting some new paint-on and finishing with the remaining spray is my current plan.

I originally plasti-dipped for water resistance as opposed to durability. It has worked beautifully, and increased the durability ten-fold, but my courses are rarely rough and rocky. It still looks new after a year, and I see no need to reapply.

This is exactly what I was considering doing with my new bag, which arrives in a few days. I bought the spray for my last bag because you got more plasti for the $$, and ended up doing 4ish coats of differing thickness. I still have some (.3-.5) of the spray-can left, so getting some new paint-on and finishing with the remaining spray is my current plan.

I originally plasti-dipped for water resistance as opposed to durability. It has worked beautifully, and increased the durability ten-fold, but my courses are rarely rough and rocky. It still looks new after a year, and I see no need to reapply.

Keep us posted on how it turns out.

I used the brush on Plasti-Dip on my FADE Lite Bag....2 coats, with a foam brush. The finished look is fine, and is a smooth finish. I don't know that you'd need to spray. The 2nd coat really fills in the grain of the material and smooths things out. Take your time, it'll look fine. I didn't tape off anything, just used the natural corners of the bag. I can try and take a pic or 2 over the next few days if you wanna see how it's held up. I now have a bigger Innova Competition Bag, but still have the FADE Lite for quick rounds, and my 12 year old son uses it.

this is an awesome idea that I hadn't thought of..just got new competition bag and was worried about the bottom looking like my old bag. I have to hit Home Depot tomorrow anyway this is a definite WIN for me. :)

Latest posts