• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Plasti Dip Experiences

Fishy,
I haven't done anything with my Comp. bag and it's held up well. I had about 1/3 of the can left after 2 coats on my FADE Lite. There's alot more material to cover on the Comp. bag...you may need a 2nd can. It may just be me, but it seems like the material of the Comp. bag is heavier than the FADE Lite...

The courses here can be pretty brutal on bags and discs, losts of rocks and gravel, not as much grass as other parts of the country, also there seems to be some cactus in areas. I'm not real concerned about water.

Gotcha...I had seen some others post about the courses in some areas being harder on bags and discs...Indiana has no cactus, and not a ton of rocks and gravel, at least where I've played.

Only issue I've had with the spray plastic dip was that I did not mask the bag. I then proceeded to turn the bag upside down to spray, which then ran down my. ( it looks kinda hippie-ish, some of my buddies really like, I'm kinda like meh)

Any pics of the completed work?
This sounds like a great idea.

Si

tripledipped.jpg

There are those that say it isn't that durable but the brush on is heavy duty gorilla s#it.
That innova starter is 600 denier that was wearing through fast and the PDip sealed, repaired and bullet-proofed it.

I used the spray on with the L64 because I wanted a cleaner look, but after you drag these through dirt, rocks and muck, aesthetics are kinda fartless (not to mention less effective). If I do it again, I'm gonna brush the bottom and mask/spray the sides only.

I should add that I am rough as hell on equipmink...so I am a good test ape

Make sure the surface you're applying it to is surgical-room clean. I wiped mine off with a wet rag, and I'm guessing some dust/dirt stayed on. Because mine peeled after a couple weeks.

Make sure the surface you're applying it to is surgical-room clean. I wiped mine off with a wet rag, and I'm guessing some dust/dirt stayed on. Because mine peeled after a couple weeks.

did you let dry thoroughly before putting it on, as a painter most common cause of a coating failing is moisture.. and dirt is right up there too. :)

Man, I did this in the winter on my fade tounry, and re tried on my Spider Monkey, for the summer, and let me tell you, this stuff is a different beast to work with in the worm weather. In the winter it comes out like silly string, and in the summer it comes out like spray paint. a lot nicer to work with in warmer weather. I am like throwing 6 coats on this bad boy!!!