• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Plastic type: Splatter

@iDiscGolf

* Ace Member *
st-thunderbird_splatter_orange.jpg

"These Test material Thunderbirds feel and perform much like our Star plastic, but have a great new look. CFR discs raise funds for Innova to use in their efforts to support tournaments all over the world. The wide variety of colors will be fulfilled at random for each order. These will only be available for a limited time."

http://proshop.innovadiscs.com/splatter-thunderbird-cfr.html

Saw these I think last week when they popped up. Cool look but I don't throw Thunderbirds. Anyone out there get one of these?

I saw these pop up too. Honestly I think they're a little ugly although maybe better in person. If they fly the same as Star, then I will buy them about as readily as I do fly dye (which is to say not at all).

Jawbreaker is much more appealing. Discraft did a better job with the look.

I was thinking it would be more in between star and gstar.

Weird, I was thinking that it was stiff star ... I guess it's because the last few star discs I've gotten have been pretty stiff. I haven't actually fondled this blend tho

Isn't Jawbreaker actually different plastic as well? I mean, Jawbreaker isn't just Pro D or X with a different coat of paint right? This looks to just be star with specs of color (similar to swirly Star as DiscinFiend pointed out). I actually LIKE the look of swirly star though; so far, the pictures I see of this do not look all that attractive.

Some of the colors look really good, some of the colors look pretty bad. Beige is not a color you want to throw in the woods.

The plastic is pretty stiff actually, not anywhere close to g-star. They fly good too, though IDK if they'll kick the PD.

That just looks like they put a bunch of debris in the injection machine. Not a big fan.

Looks like the kind of splatter you see outside a dive bar early in the morning. Not a good pic to impress with the beauty of this plastic.

I do like Jawbreaker.

Latest posts