• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Play with your spouse

dsross

My wife and I played 36 holes today. It was a total blast.

My advice to anyone out there that's playing and is married: involve your spouse. Even better? Make it something you and he/she do to spend a bit of time alone together.

I've tried. She'll say yes one of these days. She DID really like the feel of the 140 Fission Photon I got, so...there's a chance she's warming up to it. :thmbup:

During the last month or so, my wife's game has really come along. She's almost more hooked on the game than I am. It's fantastic. :)

She has a 144 Blizzard Beast that she just loves. We tried to lose it today along with my Saint. Found 'em both.

I LOVE it when my Wife comes out with me. She was getting into pretty hard and heavy for awhile. It is great time to spend together for sure. :)

It's about the only me time I get.

Also she'd see how much we smoke and drink.

I guess the gist is... No thanks :D

My wife wants to get a practice basket for our back yard so she can putt while I'm at work and beat me when we go play.

My wife will play sometime and is pretty good. Her last 3 scores would have won am ladies at my last tournament.

She just can't get into it like I am.

My advice to anyone out there that's playing and is married: involve your spouse. Even better? Make it something you and he/she do to spend a bit of time alone together.

I would add

*involve your spouse if they are interested in DG, otherwise leave them alone. There's nothing worse than forcing someone to like something you're into.

My wife picked up a disc seriously for the first time this year after seeing how well two other guy's girlfriends play. I'm planning on taking her to the USWDGC being held on a couple of our local courses later this year. I'm hoping seeing the best in the world play will drive home to her that technique is far more important than strength and give her a little extra motivation to put in practice time.

Either way, I'm just happy to have her out on the course with me.

My wife has played a tiny handful of rounds with me. She doesn't particularly enjoy it, so I don't push it on her.

She would probably love it if I would go out to the barn with her to help her with her horse. No thanks.

She has her hobby and I have mine. We have plenty of other things we can do together.

I've tried. She'll say yes one of these days. She DID really like the feel of the 140 Fission Photon I got, so...there's a chance she's warming up to it. :thmbup:

You only go out once a year, how often could you possibly be asking her to go with you? :p

In other news, I've been trying to get the ladyfriend to go with me, but she says I need to get her a bag first....dafuq?! Women, and their accessories are a mind-baffling enigma.

Every disc golfer should give it a try to get the significant other involved. Just don't push it on them. You may not care for all of their interests either.

My girlfriend recently started playing rounds with me and one of my buddies I always play with. She's gone from having two discs to hold that I let her use to now having nearly a bag full.

It helped that I got her a pink Fade Crunch bag for our anniversary, with about 5 different discs. She tends to favor "pretty" over useful lol.

You only go out once a year, how often could you possibly be asking her to go with you? :p

In other news, I've been trying to get the ladyfriend to go with me, but she says I need to get her a bag first....dafuq?! Women, and their accessories are a mind-baffling enigma.

Two words: Pink Nutsac. (lol)

It took a little bit for my wife to warm up to it, but now she's getting pretty decent.
Part of the problem was finding light enough discs to be user friendly for her.
138g seems to be where she's most comfortable.
I honestly didn't know there were any other companies out there besides Innova that went that low. Looks like I might have to venture out into MVP, cause she is tearing the crap out of DX, and its still pretty hard to find what she wants in Blizzard (she likes Beasts).

The other problem is lack of courtesy on the course.
I'm totally fine with people playing through, but she gets tense and feels bad when her slower pace or errant throws have people breathing down our neck. She's feel the need to let people play through too often,imo, and half the time we end up waiting on someone we let play ahead later on.
Its all a learning experience though, and patience is a must.

Last edited:
20 years ago, my wife used to walk with us as we played, 19 years ago, I talked her into caddying. 19 years ago, she said, screw this.....and started playing. We play all over the world. She loves the game, plays alone with me or with a group of buddies. She has become very good at the game. Cannot talk her into competitive play, competition is not her thing. Having any passion you can share with your wife or spouse is fantastic. Disc golf chicks are hot.

Two words: Pink Nutsac. (lol)

It took a little bit for my wife to warm up to it, but now she's getting pretty decent.
Part of the problem was finding light enough discs to be user friendly for her.
138g seems to be where she's most comfortable.
I honestly didn't know there were any other companies out there besides Innova that went that low. Looks like I might have to venture out into MVP, cause she is tearing the crap out of DX, and its still pretty hard to find what she wants in Blizzard (she likes Beasts).

The other problem is lack of courtesy on the course.
I'm totally fine with people playing through, but she gets tense and feels bad when her slower pace or errant throws have people breathing down our neck. She's feel the need to let people play through too often,imo, and half the time we end up waiting on someone we let play ahead later on.
Its all a learning experience though, and patience is a must.

:hfive:

I will eventually break down and get her the stuff she "requires"

Every disc golfer should give it a try to get the significant other involved. Just don't push it on them. You may not care for all of their interests either.

I don't always agree with the scarpfish, but when I do, it's usually 100%! :p

Latest posts