• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Played 72 holes at Highbridge on Saturday...

Does anyone know if dogs are welcome?

I don't know about the Honka House either, but they are welcome on the course, and I saw people staying in one of the other smaller cabins that had three dogs with them this weekend.

I have no idea if dogs are allowed in the honka house, but I'm pretty sure they're welcome on the courses.

I don't know about the Honka House either, but they are welcome on the course, and I saw people staying in one of the other smaller cabins that had three dogs with them this weekend.

Dogs are welcome on the courses.

Thanks Mash, Gin, 1Roy

Don't know when I'll make it to Highbridge, but its good to know its an option.

Our amateur league goes on a road trip every August. In 2009 and 2010 we did Highbridge. We had a ton of fun and learned a lot about how to make future years even more enjoyable. We tried something different this year and went through Des Moines. We liked the courses out there but nothing compares to being centrally located within the courses like at Highbridge. We wasted so much time in Des Moines, not a fault of the city, just getting to locations, getting people organized, and had one issue where one group was at one hotel and another group was at another hotel 30 minutes away.

The first year we camped. Ton of fun being outside, more sitting around than playing. Last year we had the Honka house and had a blast after dark playing cards and hanging out in the hottub, but played more, especially with the tee for Blueberry #3 just outside the house's door.

After Iowa we have decided that the league is going back to Highbridge for 2012. As a player, nothing beats that experience. The wives and non-playing kids, however, are better off staying at home. Ashland is 45 minutes away, and there is not much to do in Ashland as a tourist.

ginshun, i live 15 mins south of you. im going before too many leaves start falling. hopefully next week.