• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Player Profile

cblanch4

Bogey Member
I want to basically profile players and figure out on average what it takes to have certain ratings. Post on here your age, how long youve been playing, your pdga rating, how often you practice putting, how often you do field work and how often you play a round...and any other useful info you can think of, maybe your athletic background.

For example, ive been playing 10 months, i play a round about 1 time a week during the summer and 2 times a month during the winter. Ive played in one sanctioned event and had an average rating of 950. I throw around 400 ft on a disc golf line, but have thrown 516 ft in an open field. I have recently started putting practice, about 150 putts a week is all im able to get in. I do field work about once a week, which mostly consists of me throwing as far as i can. I played baseball in highschool and im 25 years old.

Still waiting for my first ace!!

I'm 30 and have been playing since 97' but I took 02'-06' off from the game to perdue music. I get in usually 3 rounds a week but 2 is a bit more realistic. I throw about 350-375 with control and practice putting to the beat of 125 or so putts a week. My rating is a bit low right now (915) due to a bad start this summer. But recently had my first 1000+ rated round.

I'm 20 and I've been playing for a little over 2 years. I throw 400ft with control and my max is somewhere realistically in the range of 450ft. I play around 3 times a week yet sometimes more. I take of day of the week to practice putting for about a solid hour+. My rating is 974 and I'm on DGA's Arm Farm team.

I'm 30 and have been playing since 97' but I took 02'-06' off from the game to perdue music. I get in usually 3 rounds a week but 2 is a bit more realistic. I throw about 350-375 with control and practice putting to the beat of 125 or so putts a week. My rating is a bit low right now (915) due to a bad start this summer. But recently had my first 1000+ rated round.

Congrats on the 1000 rated round!

Thanks...I keep getting props from everyone and I think it still hasnt hit me despite it being 3 days ago.

I want to basically profile players and figure out on average what it takes to have certain ratings.

FWIW, I think, if folks self-report accurately, you'll find there are too many variables to make this a simple quest. But enjoy! Hope folks give you info that's at least interesting! :thmbup:

My background: I'm 53, considerably overweight, but had an athletic background thirty years ago (lettered in three different sports in HS, joined the International Frisbee Association at 15 because of my enjoyment of disc flight). Worked a desk job for three decades lamenting the 'fact' that I couldn't find an affordable, enjoyable exercise program.

When I turned 50, I walked the neighborhood to boredom, grabbed my old frisbees & played an object course on my daily walks until a neighbor suggested disc golf. Took it up in 2011.

Realistically throw 275-300' accurately, and make up the differece with decent upshots (which are more frisbee-like throws, anyway). I don't really do field work or practice putting, but getting off work in the early afternoons and having summers off means I get out for a round or three 5-7 days a week, and play winters only a little less. PDGA rating started around 836, now up to 892.

Played from 1996 to 1999.
Did not play at all from 2000 - July 2013. (Shoulder injury.)
Been playing again for 11 months.

Officially now rated 943.
I can accurately throw 360' give or take. I have time to play once a week, typically, but I get maybe an hour of practice putting in throughout the week.

I was a pitcher and first baseman in baseball in high school. I also played tennis and basketball. For the last six years I've bowled on a fall league. I just turned 33 last Saturday.

I am 25 years old. I have been playing fairly regularly (in the warm months at least) for 5 years and have become more competitive in the last 1.5 years.

I am ~900 rated, but predictably inconsistent. On my good days, I shoot 925ish and bad days are 875ish. Most of the year I average 27 holes per week. Recently, Ive been playing 1 competitive round and 2-3 casual rounds/field work sessions per week. Putting here and there too.

I drive out to about 350 max. I am refining my form and improving my mental game. Putting has seen huge improvement over the last year.

I play all kinds of sports. I am a 1:25 half marathoner and in good health.

Started playing about 11 years ago (Spring 2003 I think) when I was in high school and played heavily for a few years. However, when I went away to college, the closest course was over an hour away and I was just as happy to spend my time hiking, skiing, climbing, or anything else in the mountains, so disc golf got put on the back burner. I managed to play a few rounds a year for the last 7-8 years, but it wasn't this year that I actively started playing again since moving to CA and having multiple local courses to call home again.

I'm 25 now, haven't played a tournament since 2007 so I have no idea where my ratings would be, but I consider myself a fairly competent golfer, throwing 350'-400'max. I try to play once a week, but I work 4 10 hour days a week so I don't have time to play after work and am not too keen on playing with crowds on the weekends.

I want to basically profile players and figure out on average what it takes to have certain ratings. Post on here your age, how long youve been playing, your pdga rating, how often you practice putting, how often you do field work and how often you play a round...and any other useful info you can think of, maybe your athletic background.

For example, ive been playing 10 months, i play a round about 1 time a week during the summer and 2 times a month during the winter. Ive played in one sanctioned event and had an average rating of 950. I throw around 400 ft on a disc golf line, but have thrown 516 ft in an open field. I have recently started putting practice, about 150 putts a week is all im able to get in. I do field work about once a week, which mostly consists of me throwing as far as i can. I played baseball in highschool and im 25 years old.

Still waiting for my first ace!!

Wow for 10 months and minimal play your rating and distance are pertyyyyy good!
I just eclipsed the 2 year mark of picking up a disc. I'm about 940 rated, outside tournaments I figure I'm a 970 player. I can fh about 400 max, 350 golf line. My bh max has hit about 450, average about 375. I just picked up bh this year. I rarely practice putting (I know, stupid). I play about 4 rounds on the weekend and 2 during the week. I maybe actually practice an hour a week. I should be practicing way more than playing.

I'm 22 and first picked up a disc in 2002, but have been playing regularly for ~5 years, and in leagues and tournaments ~2 years.
During the school year I play a couple rounds a week in the spring and fall.
During the summer it is closer to 8-10 rounds since I can play after work on the weekends.
Currently rated 860, and am consistently inconsistent. I can throw upwards of 450 feet, but doesn't mean anything if I can't throw down a 280' tunnel, botch my upshot and 3 putt.
I rarely do fieldwork, I much prefer playing casual rounds with multiple shots. I'll practice putting on my basket a night or two a week for 20 or 30 minutes tops.
I'm a distance runner (16:30 5k & 75 half marathon) and have a weak athletic background otherwise.

Im 14, and throw up to 360-370
Ive been playing often for 2.5 years, but first played the sport 7 years ago.
My current rating is 875, but 9 out of my last 10 rounds have been 900+. 6 of those were in the 950s.
I play once a week but practice nearly everyday from .5-2 hours. In an average practice session, I probably throw 100 drives and 150 putts.
I am a runner and run nearly every day as well.
Hope this helps.

I've been playing 3 years, and I'm 36 years old. No sports background, no physical activity, in horrible shape, and overweight. I play once a week, sometimes once a month, if that. I play around 800-920 golf given my consistency that day, with a sprinkle of greatness here and there. A good throw for me is 300'.

I will not. Ever. Be a great disc golfer.

And I'm ok with that.

30 years old, been playing for over 23 years. Growing up in Missoula, MT, everyone I knew played "folf" but had no clue it was a competitive game until probably 2010. Have been playing tournaments since 2012. My rated just dropped 27 points to 833 due, most likely, to having spent the last year in Korea. Being military, I am often gone for extended periods of time.

Huge athletic background in just about every sport. Priorities in high school were powerlifting, football, baseball, wrestling and girls in that order. Still compete in powerlifting.

Just turned 39, and in my 3rd summer of throwing. I consistently throw about 330-350' (up to 380' in field work). I'm currently rated 887, but it's a small sample size (and one complete crap round), and would estimate I'm more of a 910-930 player currently. I have a basket in the backyard and probably get about 250-350 putts a week in there, and about 3-5 rounds a week outside of that.

Used to be athletic...now I sit behind a desk and get slow, lazy and out of shape.

Post on here your age, how long youve been playing, your pdga rating, how often you practice putting, how often you do field work and how often you play a round...and any other useful info you can think of, maybe your athletic background.

Just turned 56. Got into Disc Golf to spend time with my twentysomething boys. Been playing for about 6 years. Play about two or three times a week and 27 holes per outing. Practice putting about three times a week for 30mins to 1 hour each. I don't have a current PDGA rating, but my DGCR Rating is 960. I field practice once or twice a month (not enough), throw about 275' with accuracy and maybe 325-340' for distance.
Two straight-up Aces and a few cubby Aces.

I'm 22 years old and have been playing for 2.5 years. I play about 3-4 times a week and don't practice putting too often, or field work unless I get a new disc. I have played in 4 tournaments, and won one of them in AM1 and got second team All-American my second go round at the National Collegiate Disc Golf Championships. PDGA #57575. Rating is 969, and I throw about 450' if I really pump on one. I played baseball for 14 years through high school, and had a good background in Ultimate before picking up disc golf.

I have 3 aces.

Ryan Hafner, currently rated 937 (I haven't played many tournaments recently), and I play casual rounds at least 3 times a week. I throw around 450' on golf lines. I practice putt pretty rarely, as I get off of work pretty late. I started playing in 2011 and I won a pdga advanced tournament and a southern nationals pro tournament last year. I'm 6'3" 185 pounds and played football my whole life until my senior year in High School (I wanted to play DG and I joined the choir).

I am 38 been playing over three years. 320 max distance. Field work is boring. I play 2-4 rounds weekly sometime more. I play year round. I have two baskets in back yard but rarely practice putting. Rated 915. 1 ace.

50 years old, playing almost 2 years. 6'-1", 220 lbs, tight buns. Built like Foghorn Leghorn. I play most days and do fieldwork 1/wk and have sex about 3/wk, except when I run out of Rohypnol or during herpes outbreaks. I almost never practice putting. Can count on 350 ft if I have room to throw flat, often break 400 if I have room to flex a driver out. Played one sanctioned tourney and sport a 919 rating although I would be rated around 975 if I was better.

Latest posts