• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Playing 5 Courses in One Day!! 21JUL2013

This is late notice I know but I wanted to let anyone interested know that Nathannjt and I are planning a Disc Golf extravaganza this Sunday. Starting early at Idlewild then Boone Woods, then Lincoln Ridge, then Pride Park, and finally finishing at Woodland Mound Park. Trying to start at Idlewild at 1030hrs.

Let me know if your interested.

Um...good luck!

Be sure to let us know how far you get! ;)

Viva la Vida Disk golf day

I'm ready lets do it! All day disk golf and mini road trip should be a blast.

Good luck finishing when you're starting at 1030. Pride isn't the easiest to navigate either since it's pretty overgrown at this time of year.

Have a great time... I played three courses last Saturday, two which I had never played, and I had a great time. I'm up early today, Think I'll play two courses. Im fortunate I have two great courses one less than ten minutes from the house and the other about fifteen minutes away.. the logistics make it easy.

A hot, humid day at Idlewild can be particularly unkind, and 10:30 seems pretty late to start, no?
whatevs...:\

A hot, humid day at Idlewild can be particularly unkind, and 10:30 seems pretty late to start, no?
whatevs...:\

With Idle and Lincoln Ridge together, it's rough in that weather. Throw in Boone and Woodland, which have very little shade and Pride, which is seriously overgrown this time of year with some rough climbs, and it sounds like a day of heat stroke.

Stay very well hydrated and take advantage of the, unfortunately, short drives between courses to enjoy some A/C.

When I go disc golfing EARLY, i'm usually out on the course at 7:30am. I don't know how 10:30 can be considered early, and considering the fact that you plan on playing 5 courses, I would have woken up a lot earlier than 8am to try to squeeze them all in. With that being said, good luck and please take a lot of water.

I wonder how they're doing right now. It's starting to get dark here. Hopefully they're at Woodland now. If not, they're going to fall short.

So we did end up falling short. We played 4 courses after skipping Pride so we hit Idlewild, Boone, Lincoln and then with Pride thrown out Woodland was a little out of our way so we played an easy "confidence restoring" round at Winton Woods. Idlewild beat the heck out us, my dad finished +18 and Nathannjt and I both scored +24 :( (with tree destroying 11 on hole 6 and an 8 on 15 for me), Boone was Nathannjt +2, Dad +3, and me +4 with a couple terrible putts, Lincoln was a Beautiful Course and the scores were NJT +2 Me +6 and Dad +7 (I birdied the first 4 holes hitting peg or basket on holes 3 and 4 but it all fell apart when i threw my disc WAY high on hole 14 into the river and the wind carried my Ape into the water on hole 22, just glad blizzard floats) Then Winton Woods was a fun little reprieve with me 0 NJT and Dad +3.

So it was a really fun day, drank a TON of water and a few Gatorades, My dog Buell drank more water than all of us, drooled all over me in the car, and is currently passed out on his chair. Needless to say I don't think we'll be doing it again soon, but defiantly glad we did.

I've met people who were defiant and people who were glad, but never met one who was defiantly glad. Not that I don't make typo's.. but mine usually don't make any sense grammatically.

Five courses is a tall order for a group, especially if you get a late start. At least you had fun, and fun is good. :)

Last edited:
I've met people who were defiant and people who were glad, but never met one who was defiantly glad. Not that I don't make typo's.. but mine usually don't make any sense grammatically.

My fingers aren't working very well at the moment apparently. *Definitely glad we did it.

Sounds like fun. You might be surprised how much easier it gets once you start playing like that more regularly. My fiancee and I often play 5-7 courses in a day when we're traveling, it was pretty tough the first several times we did it, now it's a lot easier.

Latest posts