• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Playing hooky from work

Huff

Birdie Member
today is a absolutely gorgeous day in Maine, so I've decided to play hooky this afternoon and sneak a round in..... I mean.... take care of this cold n get some rest *cough* *cough*

Whens the last time you played hooky from something to play DG instead?:)

I wish...It's one of the nicest days of the year so far here too. Nothing but work until 5pm for me though...

A couple weeks ago my girlfriend and I both played hooky, and drove to Cincinnati to play Idlewild and Mt. Airy. It was awesome, we had both courses to ourselves, so we ended up playing each one twice.

I played hooky from work a few weeks ago......I did not feel well the night before and went ahead and called out of work, but in the morning I felt much better so I spent the day playing DG!

I've taken personal days a couple of times this year to play dubs on the Friday before a tournament. I guess that everyone that plays the dubs on the day before has to do the same. I didn't really look at it as playing hooky though since I requested the days off in advance.

today is a absolutely gorgeous day in Maine, so I've decided to play hooky this afternoon and sneak a round in..... I mean.... take care of this cold n get some rest *cough* *cough*

Whens the last time you played hooky from something to play DG instead?:)

i invented this move(your welcome!), i did it two weeks before i invented the internets. enjoy.

Very inspiring! Mental health days always result in a happier, healthier, more productive employee. Its really taking one for the team when we make the sacrifice to do this. Keep taking on these altruistic projects and I will do my part as well. We are all in this together.

can't ever .... my job is the kind that you can't just call in too. You have to have a replacement for your shift or too bad. I've had to go in legitimately sick because nobody would cover me.

I work from the house, make my own hours, and generally don't have anyone telling me what to do or when to do it..... short of having appt's w/ customers and/or having a "rush shipment" that needs to go out. I have definately been known to reschedule appt's in order to go play golf....... yet, I am generally pretty good (@ least in the springtime... our busiest season) about trying to work till 5 and then going to play..... I am also so lucky to have the ability to actually get some work done on the course (via my cell phone or walkie talkie) but I generally don't like to mix the two.

I'm very fortunate to have the amount of freedom that my job allows.... :)

Mental health days for everyone!!

So jealous! I had a job like this once...for a year and a half. It was great! Had to change jobs though due to economic changes and also got tired of relying on commission for income.
I really miss being able to make my own schedule and create free time when I wanted to.

I work from the house, make my own hours, and generally don't have anyone telling me what to do or when to do it..... short of having appt's w/ customers and/or having a "rush shipment" that needs to go out. I have definately been known to reschedule appt's in order to go play golf....... yet, I am generally pretty good (@ least in the springtime... our busiest season) about trying to work till 5 and then going to play..... I am also so lucky to have the ability to actually get some work done on the course (via my cell phone or walkie talkie) but I generally don't like to mix the two.

I'm very fortunate to have the amount of freedom that my job allows.... :)

Mental health days for everyone!!

I'm the guy who keeps up the mapping software at work. The parking lot of my home course is marked as Dave's Lunch Spot. I've even marked the holes. It isn't unusual for me to come in an early and take a long lunch.

I would never play hookie from work - that's completely inappropriate. But spending the morning at Jack Brooks Park last week sure was nice! ;)

I work Monday night through Friday night. I get three weeks vacation each year, and my boss knows I play disc golf, and he lets me chop up one of my vacations so I can take Friday nights off, to play in Saturday tournaments. I also get my birthday paid off, and they let me move that round so I can play disc golf as well.

I work Monday night through Friday night. I get three weeks vacation each year, and my boss knows I play disc golf, and he lets me chop up one of my vacations so I can take Friday nights off, to play in Saturday tournaments. I also get my birthday paid off, and they let me move that round so I can play disc golf as well.

so umm where ya work?

I have played hooky to play, but never to post on DG mesage boards. :)

I get a paid day off for my birthday and I plan on playing multiple new courses that day. I have never called in sick and then went to play, my wife would probably kill me if she found out;)

I take a day off here and there... but with pre-approved vacation time. The attendance policy at work is pretty strict. I took off a Friday just a couple of weeks ago and hit the Woodshed in Paw Paw, WV for 54 holes.

And I frequently spend my 30 minute lunch in a practice field about 1/4 mile from work. Sometimes I'm a sweaty pig when I go back to the office... it's pretty funny for me... but pretty bad for everyone else in the cube. :D

Latest posts