• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Please critique my form, looking to hit the 400 mark!

dekdo

Double Eagle Member
Been playing just over a year now, and im stuck around 300-350 on my drives.

Most of my drivers are usually around 300 feet, with some in the 325-350 range and rarely beyond. My Nuke SS is still my furthest flying disc on a pretty regular basis. I have measured my throws with a GPS so im not just tossing around numbers. I was throwing my roc3 and comet out around 250, and I tossed my KC-Pro Aviar out about 200-215 a couple times. Not sure if anyone is wondering or if this really matters, but I am 6'5".

This video is slowed .5x regular speed
http://youtu.be/J8qecAUM4Z4

This video is slowed at .25x regular speed
http://youtu.be/kq8SFy1QaSg

I appreciate any feedback, I'm looking to get better so I can start competing in the future.

-edit.. not sure why the videos werent embedding for me, so i linked to them.

Last edited:
u have alot of similar problems as I did, and most do. Ill wait for sidewinder to chime in if he hasnt already by the time im done typing this

Slow down then accelerate at the hit. Your weight isn't getting forward and your not getting your hips away from your target.

Center your weight more between your legs, lean into the disc more, and stay on your toes. The only time you should be on your heel is when a proper weight shift forces a heel pivot. You should never try to be on your heel.

Also, you end up in a position where you're only throwing from your chest, like Brad talks about here.

Reachback should be more in front of the chest, less under the armpit.

Last edited:
Slow down then accelerate at the hit. Your weight isn't getting forward and your not getting your hips away from your target.

I guess im a little confused as to how that should look or whatever. Is it that my hips end up pointing towards the target and im losing power?

+1
Your timing is way off.

I'm going to try working on the timing and getting more weight into my throws today.
Its a bit windy out but i figure a little practice cant hurt.

I agree with all the above. You need to turn your head/hips/shoulders back much further at the plant so your weight can transfer from behind you as you get it forward. Your aiming will change quite a bit and those vids above will help as will most the ones posted in this section.

Thanks for the help, looks like the storm decided to hit a bit early so maybe i can get some practice in tomorrow. I can definitely see what you guys are saying, hopefully i can put it into practice.

Latest posts