• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Please help me guys.. PLEASE! (video/pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
holy cow! you can just change one thing and gain an easy 30-40 yards!!

i dont know the exact definition of "strong arming" a disc so if this is a repeat sorry.

when you're releasing the disc, your chest is facing the target, and your hand is a few inches from your chest.....thats a perfect blend for no power or snap/spin!!

when you release your arm should be straight/facing towards your target, and your chest will be facing the camera, that extension is where all the speed and spin come from.

once that happends, all that other stuff about weight shift and this and that will fall into place automatically, because your body will have no choice but to.

I actually started trying those hammer drills at home here tonight and i have two huge blisters on my index finger now heh.

I corresponded with Blake T about these drills recently. He said they are just to get a feel. You are not trying to condition anything, and you should wear tape on your fingers when you do them to avoid blisters.

From your grip photo, it seems like you might be focusing too much on applying pressure with all of the fingers. You want to pivot off the index finger and thumb, so that's where you want to be gripping hard. The other fingers should be more loose and permit break away or rip through so that the disc pivots at the index and thumb. The amount of whipping arm speed you can use without getting early release is going to require pressing hard with the thumb against the index finger, so you need to bring those together and pinch down to trap the rim. Then you can sort of aim with your elbow and thumb.

I corresponded with Blake T about these drills recently. He said they are just to get a feel. You are not trying to condition anything, and you should wear tape on your fingers when you do them to avoid blisters.

From your grip photo, it seems like you might be focusing too much on applying pressure with all of the fingers. You want to pivot off the index finger and thumb, so that's where you want to be gripping hard. The other fingers should be more loose and permit break away or rip through so that the disc pivots at the index and thumb. The amount of whipping arm speed you can use without getting early release is going to require pressing hard with the thumb against the index finger, so you need to bring those together and pinch down to trap the rim. Then you can sort of aim with your elbow and thumb.

I forgot to mention i have midget hands. I cant get my index finger tucked around the rim enough to pinch my thumb and index together with the flight plate between.

I feel somewhat confident on my grip as in it feels comfortable and i got a good amount of calluses on my index finger that leads me to believe the disc is ripping off that index finger good like it should. I could still be wrong though..

I think my 3/4 pinch still works ok though. Anyone else have small hands with this problem, is it really a problem. If so im screwed.

i dont know the exact definition of "strong arming" a disc so if this is a repeat sorry.

when you're releasing the disc, your chest is facing the target, and your hand is a few inches from your chest.....thats a perfect blend for no power or snap/spin!!

when you release your arm should be straight/facing towards your target, and your chest will be facing the camera, that extension is where all the speed and spin come from.

once that happens, all that other stuff about weight shift and this and that will fall into place automatically, because your body will have no choice but to.

I target i was throwing at was to the left a bit in my video/photos but your probably still right about my shoulders and arm at release. I wrote all this down for study. thanks

once that happends, all that other stuff about weight shift and this and that will fall into place automatically, because your body will have no choice but to.

Funny that Kachtz offers you some good advice here. However, in his thread you state that you don't care about him leaving and that you are sick of people worshipping his driving. I think you are really just sick of the fact that he is much better than yourself.

Funny that Kachtz offers you some good advice here. However, in his thread you state that you don't care about him leaving and that you are sick of people worshipping his driving. I think you are really just sick of the fact that he is much better than yourself.

:popcorn:

Is there a movie on this flight to the landfill?

I think its pretty hilarious you resurrected this thread to express your butthurt for Kachtz.

Cry some more..

Last edited:
He's the loser, when you cap at 350' and have an attitude problem. gtfo

Not sure what you mean?

Definition of ANGST
: a feeling of anxiety, apprehension, or insecurity <teenage angst>

Angsting isn't a word, and I'm not sure if you are trying to say I (or we) are feeling anxious, apprehensive, or insecure. Either way, it doesn't fit here. Good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts