• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Please write legibly if you want your disc back

Here is new ground...

In Rolla if you lose your disc and somebody finds it, they give it to Andy. Andy is our local disc dyer. Andy creates for you your own custom penis dye. Yup, he wipes the stamp and dyes a huge penis on your disc. So you get it back...with a big penis on it. :| I played dubs a few weeks ago with a guy who threw a TeeBird with a penis riding a rocket dyed on it.

This only goes for locals; he doesn't dye a penis on a disc if he doesn't know the guy.

Funny local custom or douchebag move? Discuss...

Pretty freaking hilarious. But my question is, how good of a dye job is it? If it was a shoddy penis, I'd be angry. But if it was a well done penis dye with some creativity (riding a rocket for example), I'd kinda be ok with it.

Here is new ground...

In Rolla if you lose your disc and somebody finds it, they give it to Andy. Andy is our local disc dyer. Andy creates for you your own custom penis dye. Yup, he wipes the stamp and dyes a huge penis on your disc. So you get it back...with a big penis on it. :| I played dubs a few weeks ago with a guy who threw a TeeBird with a penis riding a rocket dyed on it.

This only goes for locals; he doesn't dye a penis on a disc if he doesn't know the guy.

Funny local custom or douchebag move? Discuss...

That depends on whether or not the penis is circumcised.

I called every possible iteration of a near illegible phone number and got "not a working number" on all but one, where I left a voice mail. Never got a call back, so that wasn't it either.

Pretty freaking hilarious. But my question is, how good of a dye job is it? If it was a shoddy penis, I'd be angry. But if it was a well done penis dye with some creativity (riding a rocket for example), I'd kinda be ok with it.

This works. Still laughing at the idea. I suppose it deters theft......

He is generally serious about the quality of his penis dyes. :| I've managed to avoid the honor or I'd link you up to a picture of his work. The penis riding a rocket was hilarious.

I try my darndest to make it legible and I'd say most of mine are easy enough to read. Not really sure why, but I always put my email instead of my phone. I guess if some random stranger finds my disc, I'd rather them have my email than my phone number. I know, it probably sounds stupid, but if you're inclined enough to even bother contacting me, I hope you can spare the extra 30 seconds it takes to write an email versus calling me. Anyway, I assume most of my lost discs are gone forever unless it's in water. I got many back from Maple Hill when I lived/played in MA because they had someone who would dive in the lake a few times a year to collect all the plastic.

Kinsman, I get your point about email, but if there is a number I always call immediately. A couple of times they were still on the course and got hassle free (by both parties) return.

Since I started playing, I've had probably 10 phone numbers between moving around and changing cell companies. I've had the same email for the last 15 years. I used to put my phone number on my disc until I had to cross out 3 numbers on the same disc because I moved around (and all I had were land line phones). At that point, I went to putting my email on all my discs and ever since, no need for cross-outs.

And while I have a cell now, I either leave it in the car or have the ringer turned off so you'd never get a hold of me on the course anyway. Besides, you can send email from any cell phone these days anyway (even dumb phones if they have SMS service), so you can still at least try to make contact from the course if you prefer.

We have quite a few deaf DGers here in Seattle, I see a lot of emails because of them, so I will actually try it to get discs back. I have also seen people write "text only". It is also easy because we have a shop that takes drop offs.

Found two discs on the course today with numbers on them and texted them when I got to the next hole. One of them I'm waiting to here back from on where to return his disc and the other told me to keep it. So, yea, I'm leaning towards putting my number on my discs from now on. I don't lose that many anyway.

I don't own a cell phone, you lose your disc. :(

But it's already lost. Point taken though.

The real issue isn't legibility, it is honesty. I'd estimate that 99 times out of 100 (on average) if a disc is lost/left behind it will never be reunited with its owner, regardless of how neat the handwriting is. Those of us that make the extra effort, or any effort at all, to return discs make up .000372% of the overall DG community.

Additionally, I support the penis dye initiative.

Latest posts