• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] PM Hades

Will Discraft make anymore PROTO or is it time for a FR?

But every single Discraft mould is sold out in many shops. . .So maybe it´s hard for them to even make a new run at the moment, they need to get discs out to the stores. . fast

I'd be interested in a Z Hades, personally. A little more HSS would be nice, or at least not as touchy. What it might lose in dome/glide, I'd have to believe it would make up for with wind resistance. Maybe we'll find out?

I have one but haven't gotten a chance to throw it back to back yet.

I have a 174g proto that's a touch understable, a 156g that's fairly beefy, straight to hyzer finish and I just received a 170g FR. it's definitely not as domey as either of my proto's but the dome alone doesn't seem to dictate stability for my Hades.

Hmm the biggest webstore here in Sweden dropped 130pc of HADES a few days ago..sold out instantly

They dropped 127pc more yesterday, sold out before i even got on to the page.

It´s no longer "i want to buy that disc" more like "i want to buy one but i have to wait to see if Discraft let´s me buy one"

Hmm the biggest webstore here in Sweden dropped 130pc of HADES a few days ago..sold out instantly

They dropped 127pc more yesterday, sold out before i even got on to the page.

It´s no longer "i want to buy that disc" more like "i want to buy one but i have to wait to see if Discraft let´s me buy one"

Move to Michigan?

For folks bagging the Hades, what are you using as the next step up in stability for the same slot?

Say, you'd normally throw the Hades on that hole but there's a little headwind.

I've got a Couple Nukes and Forces I occasionally play with for field practice. But those are all significantly more stable and my form isn't getting any glide/turn out of them at all.

Typically In the type of wind I'm talking about I'll just disc down to a stable fairway like the FD or Undertaker.

For folks bagging the Hades, what are you using as the next step up in stability for the same slot?

I've got a Couple Nukes and Forces I occasionally play with for field practice. But those are all significantly more stable and my form isn't getting any glide/turn out of them at all.

Typically In the type of wind I'm talking about I'll just disc down to a stable fairway like the FD or Undertaker.
The Crank would definitely work in that slot if you find the Nuke too overstable.

ESP proto Hades

I got to throw my first Hades today. ESP proto, unknown weight. Probably 170g or so. Here are my thoughts.....

Like the proto Zeus, the plastic on the Hades is gorgeous. Shiny, swirly, and slightly rubbery/gummy.

Nice dome on this disc. Domier than most Zeuses I've seen.

My first couple throws with the Hades were shanks because it wasn't as flippy as I was expecting. I put too much hyzer on the disc, and it didn't fully flatten out. The Hades definitely has some high speed turn, but you have to work a little bit to see it. On hard, slightly hyzer releases I was able to generate a subtle S curve flight. The Hades handles power pretty well and seemed resistant to flipping over entirely. I was expecting something more finicky that would turn over easier. Overall I found the disc to be fairly neutral. Some turn and S curve, but nothing ridiculous.

Glide is good, but not super floaty. I don't feel like the Hades glides quite as well as a Tern or Shryke. That costs it a little bit of overall distance, but also means the disc won't get pushed around by wind as much.

Average fade. Nothing really special there. The Hades seems to slow down gradually and not dump abruptly.

Overall, I found the Hades to be a really good stable to slightly understable driver. My top distance with it was about 450' and I was able to achieve this distance without the disc wanting to flip all over the place. The Hades seems to fly similarly to a Shyrke or Tern, but is a hair shorter and less glidey than those two. I also think the Hades is what the Crank wanted to be. It turns a bit easier and holds the high speed turn longer than a Crank.

The Hades isn't the longest or fastest driver I've ever seen, but I was digging the performance of it. Head to head with a Nuke SS it was way less flippy and every bit as long. The Hades is listed at 12, 6, -3, 2, but based on what I saw today I'd change it to 12, 5, -2, 2. Granted, I only had a sample size of 1, so results may vary.

Discraft has a winner here. The Hades is a good mold, and should appeal to a wide range of players. The Hades is capable of big distance without being too flippy. I feel like the Hades flat outperforms the Crank, and is a perfect somewhat understable compliment to the Zeus. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the Hades wasn't flippy junk like the Nuke SS.

Tern: 12, 6, -3, 2
Hades: 12, 5, -2, 2
Shryke: 13, 6, -2, 2
Crank: 12, 5, -2, 3

This is how I'd compare those 4 molds.....I found the Crank to me more sluggish than the Hades.

Last edited:
The proto one I've been rocking for a few months has seasoned into a great disc for my arm. I managed to pick up a new one tonight at the midnight release on 1010, mad dash that it was.

I know the conventional wisdom is not to throw a high speed disc when you can only get it 330', but the Hades I throw stands up flat and glides well at that low speed, if I keep the nose down. It seems from my impressions that it's a very good DD for a person leaving noobhood.

The proto one I've been rocking for a few months has seasoned into a great disc for my arm. I managed to pick up a new one tonight at the midnight release on 1010, mad dash that it was.

I know the conventional wisdom is not to throw a high speed disc when you can only get it 330', but the Hades I throw stands up flat and glides well at that low speed, if I keep the nose down. It seems from my impressions that it's a very good DD for a person leaving noobhood.

I've actually thrown 2 Hades' now. These things aren't as flippy as I've been reading about. I'm able to get them out to about 450' without a ridiculous amount of turn. They fly elegantly. Not quite the longest driver I've ever seen, but they're a great somewhat understable option.

I agree this isn't a super noob disc. It'll handle power fairly well.

I'm using a seasoned Zeus or an axiom mayhem for that slot

I got my stock Hades in yesterday from 1010 and man is the plastic slick. Anyone else have that as well? I have not had a chance to throw it yet.

I got my stock Hades in yesterday from 1010 and man is the plastic slick. Anyone else have that as well? I have not had a chance to throw it yet.

I find the newer ESP plastic pretty darn slick myself regardless of which mold it is.

The plastic is the only thing I don't like about the Hades. I'm still bagging it and throwing it, nothing else I have seems to glide so far with the same control. But it's far too hard and slick for my tastes. I think as it gets colder I won't have a choice but to replace it with something else.

Has the guy whose name is on it even thrown one yet?

I don´t think he made this disc to throw himself. . .he made it as an "The Average Golfer driver"

And it´s a smart move, OS discs are not for everyone. . .if more people can throw it he will sell more and make more money.

Most players can use a Hades or a Luna. . .few have any use for a Malta, Anax or Zeus

Last edited: