• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] PM Hades

My two just came in. First throw with the lighter one parked a slightly uphill par 3 that I rarely see birdied. The rest of my throws with these were very pleasing. I am an instant fan. One of the thing I am liking is the deeper rim as compared to some of my other US drivers. I believe that always gives an understable disc a little come back. Once I lose a Tern or Maya right, it's never coming back. I did not find them to be slick either. No flashing.

My two just came in. First throw with the lighter one parked a slightly uphill par 3 that I rarely see birdied. The rest of my throws with these were very pleasing. I am an instant fan. One of the thing I am liking is the deeper rim as compared to some of my other US drivers. I believe that always gives an understable disc a little come back. Once I lose a Tern or Maya right, it's never coming back. I did not find them to be slick either. No flashing.

Did you get proto Hades' or first runs? My 2 are protos, and I love them. Excellent drivers. They turn without being super flippy. I'm able to give them full power rips slightly hyzer and have them flex out for full flights.

I'm impressed with what Discraft did here. Initially I was worried the Hades would be too flippy and erratic like the Nuke SS.

My proto is a lighter weight one and it goes right on a beautiful turnover line and with enough room is will fade back. The stock run I have is a 173 and it has less turn and fights back nice. They actually complement each other very nicely. I am really digging this disc

My proto is a lighter weight one and it goes right on a beautiful turnover line and with enough room is will fade back. The stock run I have is a 173 and it has less turn and fights back nice. They actually complement each other very nicely. I am really digging this disc
I bought two of different weights hoping to be able to carry both. Right now, they are matching up with Infinite Emperors very nicely.

Found this interesting...I started throwing my new Hades, and it's slightly different from my proto in a strange way.

It's really prone to flipping totally over and diving, but it's not easier to flip to flat than my proto, if that makes sense. It seems less "stable" in terms of having a narrower range of throws where the disc behaves the way I expect it to. It's unstable, I suppose. Where I can throw the proto from flat to slightly hyzer pretty comfortably and get an expected result, with the new one, I can sometimes throw it normally and get an expected result, and sometimes it just goes bonkers.

Is this relatable? Do I just have a bad disc? It's not as consistently understable as it sounds. It just feels like something is wrong with it, that it is way too touchy.

I've seen discs like that but it hasn't been my experience with the Hades yet. The Bolt would do that to me. Little too much turn and its gone, not fighting back at all. Too much hyzer and it's spiking. Really small sweet spot.

Just got my first First Run in, have to decide if I'm going to throw it, ridiculously swirly.

Attachments

• 20201030_115233.jpg
    20201030_115233.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 17
Found this interesting...I started throwing my new Hades, and it's slightly different from my proto in a strange way.

It's really prone to flipping totally over and diving, but it's not easier to flip to flat than my proto, if that makes sense. It seems less "stable" in terms of having a narrower range of throws where the disc behaves the way I expect it to. It's unstable, I suppose. Where I can throw the proto from flat to slightly hyzer pretty comfortably and get an expected result, with the new one, I can sometimes throw it normally and get an expected result, and sometimes it just goes bonkers.

Is this relatable? Do I just have a bad disc? It's not as consistently understable as it sounds. It just feels like something is wrong with it, that it is way too touchy.
That's actually the problem I had with the proto I got. Traded it to my dubs partner and he throws it pretty well. I just couldn't dial it in.

I've seen discs like that but it hasn't been my experience with the Hades yet. The Bolt would do that to me. Little too much turn and its gone, not fighting back at all. Too much hyzer and it's spiking. Really small sweet spot.

Just got my first First Run in, have to decide if I'm going to throw it, ridiculously swirly.

They are beautiful discs. I also kind of want one just to have unspoiled. Ha, this is turning into an addiction.

MVP discs love to do this, specifically the Relativity. I feel your pain. You feel like you're putting a perfect release on a disc only to get a crap result. The disc won't really stand up from a hyzer release, but as soon as you release it flat it wants to dive bomb right.

Unstable is a good term. Finicky an uncontrollable.

My 2 Hades' are actually slightly more overstable than I was expecting. I can make them turn, but it takes a good rip. They won't flip all the way over. Like any other high speed driver, I assume there's some inconsistency.

I'm finding the same thing with my FR hades. From the first throw it was obvious despite being flatter than either of my protos that it wasn't as HSS. Originally I thought that was going to be a good thing. I could throw it on shots where I wanted the turn to carry it away from center and then finish back a little towards the middle. But the window to get it right seems much smaller than I'd expect. I've had just as many shots where it stays turned over and cut rolls as I have shots where it turns how I want and then fights back. Meanwhile both of my protos (156g, 175g) behave much more straight to hyzer and don't really stay turned over unless I really yank them on anhyzer.

Proto Hades

I threw my 3rd proto ESP Hades today. This one is pink. No weight sticker, but it feels like 170+. My other two Hades' are light blue.

The pink Hades is WAAAAYYY flippier than the two blue ones. Into a gentle headwind/breeze it flipped violently and rolled even when released with a steep hyzer. Thrown downwind it went about 450' with a LOT of side to side movement/S curve. Even downwind it felt like the pink Hades wanted to turn too much and not come back. Finicky disc. Reminded me a lot of a Nuke SS. Very flippy, I felt like I was overpowering it easily.

I guess the Hades has some inconsistency from disc to disc, just like any other high speed driver.

Pink Hades today was something like 12, 6, -4, 2. Just too much high speed turn. Once it flipped, it stayed there. Had several "throllers". This pink Hades didn't even feel like the same mold as my two blue ones. Nice, floaty glide. The pink Hades glides better than my two blue ones, but I found it almost impossible to get the disc to fly properly.

I threw my 3rd proto ESP Hades today. This one is pink. No weight sticker, but it feels like 170+. My other two Hades' are light blue.

The pink Hades is WAAAAYYY flippier than the two blue ones. Into a gentle headwind/breeze it flipped violently and rolled even when released with a steep hyzer. Thrown downwind it went about 450' with a LOT of side to side movement/S curve. Even downwind it felt like the pink Hades wanted to turn too much and not come back. Finicky disc. Reminded me a lot of a Nuke SS. Very flippy, I felt like I was overpowering it easily.

I guess the Hades has some inconsistency from disc to disc, just like any other high speed driver.

Pink Hades today was something like 12, 6, -4, 2. Just too much high speed turn. Once it flipped, it stayed there. Had several "throllers". This pink Hades didn't even feel like the same mold as my two blue ones. Nice, floaty glide. The pink Hades glides better than my two blue ones, but I found it almost impossible to get the disc to fly properly.

So the first 2 were likely flatish, while your pink one is probably quite domey.

I haven't thrown Terns in a while, but if I recall flat ones were more OS while domey ones fly nicely right?

So the first 2 were likely flatish, while your pink one is probably quite domey.

I haven't thrown Terns in a while, but if I recall flat ones were more OS while domey ones fly nicely right?

Pink one is a tad domier. The two light blue Hades' have average domes. They aren't flat.

IDK. I guess I'll just write it off as mold inconsistency. The pink Hades is super flippy, though.

Pink Hades

Back in the field with the (flippy) pink ESP Hades today. I threw this disc for the first time last week and found it almost unbearably flippy.

Today was a calmer day, so I figured I'd try it again. Pretty much the same results. On most throws the pink Hades would start bending right after being released from a pretty steep hyzer. It never even tries to come back toward center late in flight either.

I did have a couple high, hyzer releases that flexed out hugely for massive yardage. One thing I will say, if you can keep the Hades from flipping entirely and get it high enough, it provides some of the most jaw dropping S curves I've ever seen. This disc was neck and neck with a G* Corvette for max distance today despite being 2 speeds slower. Very nearly 500'. The Corvette was a lot less touchy.

This pink Hades would be useless on the course. The disc is extremely finicky, and I probably throw it well 1 in about 6 tries. Most throws just turn and burn. The few good ones I had were mesmerizing bombs.

Interesting mold, the Hades. Seems to be all over the place for stability. Supreme distance potential though, if you're willing to put up with wildness.

My pink Hades don't turn that much. They do have some early turn but come back, which was the exact disc I was looking for! I've got a couple holes where I just weave through the trees.

I currently bag a hades and love that disc for a nice long hyzer flip disc. I bought a thrasher today for back up in case something happens to my hades, but how does the thrasher flight compare to the hades?