• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Poco The Turtle's bag

Basic Information:
-17 years old
-Has been playing for 1.5 years
-Primary throw is RHBH
-300-350 foot throws with Avenger SS
-Disc minimalist

Disc Lineup *not very sure on my weights

Distance drivers:
-Elite Z, AvengerSS, 160g?= my under stable max distance disc. hyzer flip and annys

Fair way drivers:
-Recycled line, Saint, 174g.= control drives, sweeping hyzers. *trying to find out what else to use it for as its my newest disc. it is also a lot more under stable then expected and wanted an over stable distance driver but it isn't so i bumped it down for shorter shots. also my first and only ace so harder to get rid of
-champion, Banshee, 160g?= utility disc. i use it for Fore hand, over hand, spike hyzers

midrange:
-esp, meteor, 177g = under stable mid. right landing shots and hyzers
-Ti, buzz, 175g? = mid range shots. Do not like it like my first buzz. inconsistent for me. terrible color. spend most of my time looking for it. its leaving.

Putter:
-medium Proton, Anode, 175g? = my putt and approach disc. I like the stability and glide of it.

1. I plan on picking up 1 or 2 150g innova aeros for longer putts, better approach? or maybe a compliment to my anode as mvp is expensive

2.Since i did not get my over stable driver from my saint. I am thinking about an X Avenger.

3.Alright, so my buzz is leaving. I have my meteor for under stable shots and can hyzer flip it. I am looking for an Over stable/ Stable mid range. my thoughts are on the tensor currently and like The idea of it. A lot of peoples votes are on the drone as it is much more over stable but i do not think i need that over stable of a mid. The tensor seems like it should be enough and it can cover stable and over stable. Also, if i need that much of a hook i have my banshee, which is a fair way driver, but thrown right can create a short range hook.

~I would like to hear your thoughts on my ideas, disc selection, or all around advice :thmbup:~

Definitely a bueno idea to pick up an Avenger, start with one in x plastic it'll work in great.

They just put out Z Meteors, and my common sense tells me they could be more stable to compliment the ESP. Check discgolfcenter.com

Aviar might be a better choice then the Aero.

Welcome to the forums Turtleman

You might want a Z or ESP Avenger if you want overstable, the X is less stable than either. Although it's still a sweet driver, and might be more stable than the Saint. At first.

X avenger is a sweet disc, not overstable really. Might start overstable, but x plastic beats up if you hit trees. Avenger is a great choice for disc. I'd suggest Elite z and elite x avenger, that way, it's the same mold, but they will do different things down the road.

How under stable does an X avenger get? wondering because my avenger SS is starting to beat in pretty heavy. Would it eventually replace my avenger SS? Then i could have an X avenger and maybe a Z avenger or Esp avenger. I would rather have the ESP but i feel Z would be more over stable for longer.

and having a z meteor would still be pretty under stable especially after some rounds under its belt. Right?

Idk how far they go, but I do know they will always have more fade than the avenger ss. So keeping both wouldn't be a terrible idea.

The meteor will get pretty understable, but it will take a long time to get it to where it's useless.

I am not a fan of the aviar, and aeros are similar flight pattern to anodes. Im thinking an aero, being so much lighter, would be good.

how much more over stable is a Z avenger to an ESP avenger?

I think i am pretty confident on getting a tensor. especially if it handles a good amount of wind. a max weight tensor should handle wind a good amount of wind right?

Honestly, I haven't thrown an esp avenger or tensor lol. I have thrown an x avenger and z avenger. The z avenger is a lot more stable.

If my Avenger SS is beating in to much... do i stay with the mold and get a new one? work on hyzer flipping more? try a new under stable, max distance.

any suggestions for a new disc? renegade looks nice so far. looks like it can take more speed, not quite as under stable so would beat into a more usable disc. and faster. hoping i could through faster though as i do not truly believe avenger SS is 10 speed. I i can throw my avenger SS 350 on a nice throw. over 300 no problem.

If you like the Avenger SS... just get a new one at the weight you like. Also, maybe pick up a new one in max weight so you have a distance driver you're comfortable with, that can handle a little more wind. That's a pretty good start to a distance driver cycle there.

what might go farther though? I think a renegade would add distance, COULD it? i am not a fan of cycling, but if i did not like the disc i would attempt to replace it with, i would certainly go back to the avenger ss. also with the avenger ss being i believer slower then it says. it would behave a lot like my saint in the under stable way but definitely has more fade. but not really because avenger ss can take a lot more power. I am currently going to take them to a field and compare distance.

For the mid slot you could always just get a Z Buzz if you're fond of them. Hornet/Wasp could work well for you too if you like discraft stuff a lot. If you're looking for something else there's the ever present Roc, anything but DX would work pretty well. A few friends also throw the Shark3 and it fits in that slot pretty well.

Personally I like the Mace for Lat, gold line it'll be stable enough to fill the os/s slot, and really if you get a heavy Zero line it does fine too. You could go to a true OS disc, but I'm guessing with the meteor you want something that'll be more of a workhorse mid rather than a meathook.

Warship from Westside is also an excellent disc, little longer than a buzz and basically the same flight path. I don't know if Tournament or VIP plastic is more stable for westside, but I'm sure someone here knows. Might need a compliment to it if you go for a Warship or a Buzz, both are more in the Stable/Neutral range rather than S/OS.

So if you don't wanna read all that I'd say (personally of course)
1. Mace
2. Roc
3. Wasp/Hornet/Shark3
4. Buzz/Warship

I can't comment on MVP's mids though, only thrown an Ion and a Shock. Speaking of which a shock is a great S/OS driver, not a 11-13 speed max distance disc, but still gets great distance with a nice dependable fade and eats wind for breakfast.

i picked up a tensor at a store the other day and i am enjoying it. straight, but handles wind and always ends left.

Now i am just more working on my driver, my OS max driver will probably be an avenger or a predator if i even get one. and my avenger SS is beating in heavy so i need to either learn to hyzer flip it more, get a new one. or maybe try another disc that would beat in less under stable and could take a little more speed that i have gained. (avenger ss was my second disc ever) Also found an orc in a pine tree and am just going to work with that until i decide if i need a new max distance driver. my OS driver i can always use my banshee, idk if i need a longer OS driver other then some holes that need a little longer of a side arm (orc works pretty good after side arming twice but it is like a pine color. so yeah not good. )

An Orc is always a good disc, if you like how it feels just go with it. If not or if you lose it and wanna try something new, PD's should fall in there pretty well too if you want a distance S/OS driver. I've only thrown one a couple times, but it's an excellent driver for both distance and some solid stablity.

Latest posts