• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Poll: Power Putter or Finesse Putter

Power Putter or Finesse Putter

• Power..I bang chains

Votes: 70 32.9%
  • Touch..I finesse it home

Votes: 143 67.1%

• Total voters
I bang the chains with a 175g Magic.
I'm working on the push putt, but it hasn't come together for me, yet.

Finesse putter with a Latitude 64 Pure. I use the R-Pro Dart for jump putts. I do put more power and go straight at the chains into the wind with my ESP Zone.

Only time I bang the chains is if I happen to luck out and hit them off the tee...

Otherwise it's finesse with an ESP 174g Focus - hybrid push/spin putt style (if that's possible).

It depends on how far I'm putting but I usually go straight at the chains and bang them pretty hard with a 175g Lightning #2. Ya gotta show them chains who's boss.

The last 2 weeks, I have been working on push-putting. I've always had a problem with putting, period.

Enter the ION.

Now I'm breaking all the rules, and push-putting an ION. My score is going down. Also helped by the fact that I found my CryZ.BuzzZ, which I use for puttZ over 40' or so.

Loft/push combo w/ an Omega SS for 30' and in.

Anhyzer putt w/ a champ Rhyno for longer.

btw, I voted finesse...

175 R-Pro Dart. Mostly spin with a touch of finesse.

I'm more of a spin putter than push, and currently am in an affair with an X-link Ridge. I voted power putter, but I'd say I'm in the middle.