• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Poll: Power Putter or Finesse Putter

Power Putter or Finesse Putter

• Power..I bang chains

Votes: 70 32.9%
  • Touch..I finesse it home

Votes: 143 67.1%

• Total voters
finesse. I spin putt and just like to glide them in. I use a Dx Dart mostly and when the winds up I go to the Opto Pure

for the last 3 months...
GStar BB Aviar max weight and green - finesse / spin outside of 30ish feet, power / push inside of 30ish. (I do seek to increase my power putt confidence to go out longer)

Did just replace with a fresh one as first one was getting too floppy.

Finesse. used sss wizards for years, just switched to the dagger, and my putting has never been better.

Soft Neutron Envy power!

I don't try to smash them or laser it in, but I do try to push the disc out with a firm, deliberate motion and give the chains a solid hit. I'd say in between finesse and power actually. I get my power from my legs, so my arm can do the finesse part.

It all depends on the situation for me. If I'm putting well I'm in the middle of the road between hard and finesse. It enough to keep it flat and on the line towards the middle of the basket. Outside of 30 I like to try and put a little anny on it and let it glide to the basket.

Oh yeah, I use Classic Judges.

Finesse, and I never get spit-outs or cut throughs like the chain bangers get. If I miss a putt, it's because I missed it. :p

Gateway Voodoos are my putter of choice.

Touch with Aviars/Soles. If <30 feet out.
Bang chains with Anodes/Envys. If >30 feet out.

Voted finesse. JK aviar x, 175g any color. Finesse yet I make those chains sing. Finesse because I don't do bounce outs, slide throughs, or long blow bys.

Dude with the recent "I need a putter" thread should read this one for putter suggestions. I noticed that was the "don't talk about discraft or innova" thread. Lo and behold those two companies make fantastic putters. Along with everyone else.

Was pro Rhyno, but those things are expensive. Just retired them. J/K Aviars float right in, hold a line, grab the chains in the J/K plastic.

Latest posts