• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is like -50 windchill survival gear. My guess is that with 28 forecasted during the day and 17 for the overnight, I should be able to get away with just a couple of hoodies, a nice hat, and some warm gloves. Last year I was just fine as long as I kept moving. The only issue I really had was my wet feet because my boots were not water proof. This year I have far better foot wear.

Wind and water are your worst enemies. As long as you have protection against those and have a warm base layer you're golden.

I suggest purchasing a merino wool, long sleeve athletic shirt. I have a Stoic one that is super thin, but as long as I'm moving it keeps me nice and warm with just a tshirt on in 35 degree weather. It also has thumbs holes to keep my hands warm :D

Me putting hole 7 at Base Camp DGC in Moab, UT
ZGpl7l.jpg

...and yes, I made the putt :thmbup:

It's not a mando through the cave is it? ;)

Ready for the Saint Paul Winter Carnival Ice Bowl overnight marathon next Saturday. Fortunately the forecast is for 28 during the day and 17 at night. The oversize yellow shirt is to make me for visible at night.

Haha, where I'm from, we would only dress in this many layers around -28 F. :D

This is like -50 windchill survival gear. My guess is that with 28 forecasted during the day and 17 for the overnight, I should be able to get away with just a couple of hoodies, a nice hat, and some warm gloves. Last year I was just fine as long as I kept moving. The only issue I really had was my wet feet because my boots were not water proof. This year I have far better foot wear.

Here in Chicago it gets pretty chilly out as well. However, I only wear a couple of T-shirts, a warm hoodie or fleece, and a wind breaker. Lower half only gets long undies, jeans, and wool socks to go with the water proof shoes. Of course a warm hat and gloves are in order. That makes me extremely agile and very warm....even in 5-15 degrees

Yeah, I pretty much posted that picture as an example of how extreme I am willing to play in. I hate the cold with a passion, doubly so if there is any wind, but except for my hands, I am not too concerned about being a little cold. As long as I can keep my hands and toes warm, I am good to go.

Today Jrawk hosted an Ice Bowl at Hot Shots DGC...

IceBowl1.jpg

I heard we raised around $1,500 and more than 500 pounds of food for the Southern Maryland Food Bank.

383304_10100422066751762_12117419_51715090_606148059_n.jpg

Blue Gill DGC (Straight shot down with water hazard directly behind)

375249_10100422059785722_12117419_51714924_90350600_n.jpg

Scary Face at Blue Gill DGC

28726_818185098462_12117419_45405055_5453725_n.jpg

Mine and a friends drives. One was a thumber and the other a rhbh. Both face down on top of eachother. 1 in a million maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts