• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure how "necessity" translates to "stolen" but alright...

No free public parking + $3.50 for 20 minutes in a garage + my current housing situation doesn't allow cars = no car in the city.

I live in SF, CA. Going anywhere in a car takes longer anyway.

So I took advantage of (what seemed like) a nice day to get out and play Golden Gate Park. I get there and get caught in a sunshower after 2 holes, while waiting it out under a tree (a soaking wet 40min. bus ride back to my place wasn't in the itenerary), I snapped this pic.

...oh and not 30 minutes later it started hailing. So that cut my round short.

Like the rainbow effect. Thanks for making my wishlist even longer. :p

Here's a few from my round last week on Maui. Fantastic course!
90DoglegRightAproach.jpg

AlanDriveonhangingbasket.jpg

BuddhaHole2.jpg

dontmiss.jpg

LowClearance.jpg

That looks like a lot of fun, great pictures! I've always thought that kind of terrain would be so much fun to play in. It makes me think of playing dg on the island from Lost.

Maui? Nice! That course looks really unique.

I love playing DG while on vacation...it's just that much more fun to know you're out there with no purpose to your day other than playing that round of DG.

Wow. Those Hawaii pics are outstanding! :clap:

I can't even describe how blown away I am at the awesomeness of that course.

The hole hanging from that tree branch is insane!

Thanks for sharing!

I can't remember the name of those trees now. I know they're not native to Maui though and they've got a fairly shallow root system which leads to them falling over once in a while in a strong wind.

They look super cool and make for some interesting holes. The locals there put a ton of work into the course and it shows. Lots of elevation, risky pin placements, etc. Super fun course and to top it all off....it's in maui. :D

Has this ever happened to anyone?

tn.jpg

From my understanding of the PDGA rules, this is a legal hole out. Do you agree?

Agreed - "it's good" (per the rules).

But tell me such a shot should count and a DROT shouldn't :thmbdown:.

Karl

sorry to keep this threadjack going....
but unlike a wedged disc where at least part of the disc is inside the basket,a disc hanging ouside (even tho' supported by) the basket is still considered out.

but unlike a wedged disc where at least part of the disc is inside the basket,a disc hanging ouside (even tho' supported by) the basket is still considered out.

you are wrong

I'm curious to see the rule that supports that.

You, sir, are incorrect. From PDGA's Official Rules of Disc Golf, Section 303.13(B):
Disc Entrapment Devices: In order to hole out, the thrower must release the disc and it must come to rest supported by the chains or within one of the entrapment sections. This includes a disc wedged into or hanging from the lower entrapment section but excludes a disc resting on top of, or hanging outside of, the upper entrapment section. The disc must also remain within the chains or entrapment sections until removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts