• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if you're going to post that many pics, can you give some course names, hole number, etc? Any details? I love some of the pics and would like to know where they're from.

Thanks for posting.

Most of these pictures are from unlisted courses, either private, or secret mountain courses. I can tell you that there are some pics in there from Birds of Paridise, a private but listed course in Southern Humboldt county. There are also quite a few pictures from one of our mountain courses called Ammon Ranch. If I told you how to get to any of these courses, I would have to kill you.;)

Most of these pictures are from unlisted courses, either private, or secret mountain courses. I can tell you that there are some pics in there from Birds of Paridise, a private but listed course in Southern Humboldt county. There are also quite a few pictures from one of our mountain courses called Ammon Ranch. If I told you how to get to any of these courses, I would have to kill you.;)

OK, then. Don't tell me. ;)

Understood. Enjoy. They look like a lot of fun.

Mountain Disc Golf Experience & Urban Skins, Asheville, NC 5/30/2010

Liked how this one turned out:
4660131412_30fd5af7bf_b.jpg

Eric Marx putts out on 18 during the final round.

More pix from Sunday at Richmond Hill at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/scottwalker3/sets/72157624181193956/

Pix from the Urban Skins competition in downtown Asheville at (still uploading right now -- will probably take a couple more hours):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/scottwalker3/sets/72157624181925290/

Too funny! He has been doing that for about 30 years! Thanks for the additional pic. Looks like he is finally putting on a little weight; about time since he is in his mid 50s!

Does he still use that explosive run up?

Too funny! He has been doing that for about 30 years! Thanks for the additional pic. Looks like he is finally putting on a little weight; about time since he is in his mid 50s!

Does he still use that explosive run up?

I don't have a basis for comparison -- hadn't watched him play before this weekend -- but yeah, it's a pretty serious run-up.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

(continued next post -- max of 5 pix per post)

Love the Carolina Blue Innova chains on the first pic. And that guy's got some serious tree stumps for legs. I hope I'm still moving around like that when I'm his age... and I don't have far to go. :)

that is bad ass. how far did that drive go?

Bill's answer, "tree fitty", isn't far off. While Eric got off some impressive drives during the skins, that one and one other were particularly unlucky. That one caught a branch of a tree hanging over the street and kicked hard left into a line of trees/bushes that was a bear to get out of, no more than about 150 ft from the tee.

The other unlucky one happened to hit an expensive looking SUV on the third hole, about 480 ft from the tee area (the hole played downhill, so the distance, while impressive, wasn't insane) and probably 180 feet left of the pin position. Saw Eric and some of the WNC club folks talking to the owner for several minutes -- didn't hear what the upshot was, but the driver didn't seem too pleased about it.

The terrain looks spectacularly beautiful. The kind of stuff that makes me dream of living on the West Coast.

:hfive:Sweet! I'm glad I could make people happy.
Well, I'll keep posting pics to keep you guys drooling. Some will be of courses that I can list, some will be of the other kind.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts