• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

Didn't realize there was a photographer there, but this is from the 1st round of the KCWO, straight from the PDGA.

LaWDEsQ.jpg

Bohart Ranch
lower course hole 11

View attachment 48119

the lower now has 18 brand new 28chain discatchers!!!
huge difference over the 14 Mach 2, 3 homemade, 1 hoop track we used to play on... watch for a base area 9 hole "kid course" coming soon ...

A tier August 23/24 @ Bohart just outside Bozeman Montana
camping on site
working now on the huge payouts and pimping the courses...
cheers

I'm going to be out there in about a week. Been there the past couple years around this time. I love it there. Two fantastic courses!

So is that your basket? Or does that park have Insteps?

Yeah, the back nine are crappy insteps at Archusa State Park in Quitman, MS.:doh: You have to really watch your putts in those things. That is really the only negative of an otherwise great course.

The front nine have Innova Discatcher Pros though. :thmbup:

Just judging by the photo that is hole #13's basket looking back to the course ( I think?)

Last edited:
Not sure whether this was a 'cool' or 'NOT cool' DG photo, but it was funny to watch either way! Dude threw a Judge with massive hyzer and dive bombed the basket. Result:

yypeMukl.jpg

The guy that threw it just looked at the ground and facepalmed for a bit after it hit. The rest of us laughed like hyenas.

Random question: If the disc had gone clear through the top and ended up in the basket/chains, would it be a legitimate ace?

Yeah, the back nine are crappy insteps at Archusa State Park in Quitman, MS.:doh: You have to really watch your putts in those things. That is really the only negative of an otherwise great course.

Just judging by the photo that is hole #13's basket looking back to the course ( I think?)

You are correct on all accounts :)

So is that your basket? Or does that park have Insteps?

As Discguy42 said they have those Insteps on the back 9. Its a great little course as far as layout and scenery goes, they just stuck those Insteps in there when expanding the course.

You are correct on all accounts :)

As Discguy42 said they have those Insteps on the back 9. Its a great little course as far as layout and scenery goes, they just stuck those Insteps in there when expanding the course.

That's cool At least they were able to add the extra baskets at all. And adding an inner set of chains really helped mine catch a lot better. It would be a lot cheaper than new baskets.

Thanks for the replies!

Not sure whether this was a 'cool' or 'NOT cool' DG photo, but it was funny to watch either way! Dude threw a Judge with massive hyzer and dive bombed the basket. Result:

yypeMukl.jpg

The guy that threw it just looked at the ground and facepalmed for a bit after it hit. The rest of us laughed like hyenas.

Random question: If the disc had gone clear through the top and ended up in the basket/chains, would it be a legitimate ace?

Unfortunately, no. A disc can't pass through the top of the chain assembly or the sides/bottom of the basket. Has to go in naturally and finish in the basket or chains. The only thing I don't actually know is if it goes in naturally and gets stuck in the bottom of the chain assembly.

Although, I still think this pic and landing a disc on top the basket should count for something.

laramie, I continue to kick myself for not making my way out to Mont du Lac when I have a chance. We have a place northwest of Hayward, WI and my wife has family in Superior and Duluth. Was up there last week and had to make a choice between Highbridge and Mont.

Played a random threesome with some older gents in their 70's. Good times. We saw this on tee 18 and turned into giddy little 10yo boys fighting over who gets to play with the new toy:

14569191915_be7fd8f5b6_c.jpg

14382738307_a0fefabc2d_c.jpg