• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

Where are the cool eclipse photos at??

Our skies were covered with clouds up north, unfortunately..

Mandatory Eclipse Picture at Haybro

Solar Eclipse at Haybro Redtail DGC in Steamboat Springs CO. It's the best I could do as an amateur with no gear to speak of.

u0fHsOBV2lLntZuo0F7PmPUrHf2qbKpVNpUtKYjz3f6Rl5CMkNjkRBNt4GbAXDTaYF2zWthbJxB8dSrOGmIHZNqSUUDfUqB-JPhZGHKlYIAYQ9p3x42FQQRBKKt2m_WBTZ1xA1cnuQ=w660-h1049-no

Solar Eclipse w/Basket on 5 at Haybro

Note the lens flare at the base and to the right of the basket, which is from the eclipse at it's peak at Haybro Redtail DGC.

14ZwJo1lkCs64cTZWVcIKTt5zWwRuEcze985-OvQG05vqb-BDT5ZmVmdkxXZF82xdVTuzLVLnF_1y7JEzGe-23ihusWGD48R4gYUC-wwxnbQ8ELXlvYKFTeSTGS-wOV7yR8zGFV-eg=w631-h839-no

Shot this in my backyard north of Tulsa. I was too cheap to buy a solar filter so i used an old piece of exposed film.

Attachments

• 8:21:17.jpg
    8:21:17.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 56
It's by far my favorite course I've ever played. Not the prettiest but the most fun to play. I also haven't played many courses outside of Maine as I don't get to travel too much at the moment.

It was about a 30-40' throw if I remember correctly so yeah there was definitely some spam behind that one.

wCmbll9.jpg

Throwing over the water is exhilarating. Here's a shot I had a couple days ago on hole 14 at Gordon Holton from the long tee. It had the juice to get there, but went right through this bunch of trees on the right side of the landing zone.
5b58d6d3.jpg

Here's the hole for reference. (At least this is labeled as 14 on here)

Here's a video from earlier in the year at Alum Creek. I threw my Pro Starfire in the drink. Luckily, the water was not too high nor cold. It was kind of fun. As you can see, lots of people have fun on this hole as well.

Palmetto Bay Disc Golf course Leopard vs. Croc(almost)

No disc divers here!:|

Attachments

• 20160925_095250.jpg
    20160925_095250.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 161
  • 20170506_095559.jpg
    20170506_095559.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 149
  • 20170506_095613.jpg
    20170506_095613.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 149
Ace%201_zpsk2utk7tn.jpg

Have you ever done this?

You get to your favorite disc golf course early to get a practice round in before it gets too hot. You're playing great as you climb the hill to the elevated tee pad on your favorite hole, a long downhill par 4 with a water hazard. You're playing well, so you throw a flex shot with everything you've got, hoping to clear all of the houses and land as close to the edge of the lake as possible. From there, a well played upshot might even get you a decent birdy attempt. But the wind has other ideas and lifts your disc higher than expected as it takes a hard left turn over the lake. "I wonder where the drop zone is?" pops into your head until the disc unbelievably catches the wind and begins a slow fade back toward land. As if in a dream, your disc slams into the basket and a moment later that glorious sound of chains makes its way back up the hill.

Yea, I've never done that either. But maybe one day!

No disc divers here!:|

I saw a story on TV last night about a 10 year old girl whose leg was grabbed by an aligator. She had learned on a school field trip what to do if that happens--stick your fingers up its nose so that it has to open its mouth to breathe--and it worked. So, I think I'm prepared to go disc diving now, eh? :D

Latest posts