• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf winter photo

All the pics of snow makes me excited about my boarding trip in FEB. Look out Winterpark! Does anyone know if they keep the course open during the winter? Might be fun to try to play a round while I'm there!

I love the star/tree one!

175v2.jpg

I share the addiction to disc golf like the rest of you and have played in brutal winter conditions, but that much snow is not worth it. Seriously, if you taped 10 feet of ribbon to each disc, you probably still wouldn't finish the round without losing all of your discs.

and my favorite, Playing at West Lake in Davenport, Iowa. ...Actually, playing OFF the lake. This disc didn't go INTO the lake, so it doesn't count as a penalty! ;):D
0130101141.jpg

I was asked to post these here by another member. I didnt' even know that this thread existed. I hope you enjoy them. I had great fun taking them, and playing on Friday night when we only had about 16" of snow. Once we hit 28" even I said forget about it yesterday and today.

Friday Night
picture.php

Saturday afternoon
picture.php

25 miles south of DC Friday afternoon as snow started. Then Saturday afternoon prior to it ending. What a difference a day makes. ;)

Attachments

• basket before.jpg
    basket before.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 64
  • Basket 24.JPG
    Basket 24.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 60
Cabin Fever finally got the best of me and I had to get at least 9 in today. :wall:
The tee pad on #9 @ Pohick Bay was by far the deepest but my grain shovel made somewhat short work of it.

Then the three discs I dubbed "Expendable". All of the other discs use to laugh and call them names.

Finally, pin #7 @ Giles Run @ Laurel Hills. Yes, those are ski tracks in front of the pin.

Attachments

• #9 Tee pad.jpg
    #9 Tee pad.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 121
  • They Were Expendable.JPG
    They Were Expendable.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 153
  • Giles #7.jpg
    Giles #7.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 104
I got a round in last Friday a week ago. It actually started to snow as I finished the last 9 holes. There was already a little snow on the course from a previous little storm that week. I guess this could be part of the "You might be addicted..." Thread. I only got 13 of 18 tees done today. Will probably go back and finish the job tomorrow. ;)