• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf winter photo

Yeah, but snow in the chains cost me two birdies. :(

picture.php

Shawnee State Park

Here are a few from this afternoon. There are more pics in the following album if you're interested. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/album.php?albumid=618

Hole #2 with my approach shot using an Aviar P & A with 5' of ribbon.
picture.php

Hole #3. You may have seen this hole in my "famous" youtube video.
picture.php

Overlooking pin #5 from tee #6. Everything past the trees is the lake, totally frozen and snow covered.
picture.php

From fairway #1. Some people might say that I'm crazy for playing DG in the snow and cold. But I think that these guys are worse. They drug their gear across a couple hundred yards of lake/ice to get to the bridge. I'm assuming that they were ice fishing.
picture.php

Look at the pics I posted for Saddle Hills DGC in White Settlement, TX.

9 holes of snow in tx.

Also started a thread you should check out..."Does is snow in TX? Here's your answer."

18 holes of Weathorfor DGC, in Weathorfor, TX, under 7 inches of snow.

Look at the pics I posted for Saddle Hills DGC in White Settlement, TX.

9 holes of snow in tx.

Also started a thread you should check out..."Does is snow in TX? Here's your answer."

18 holes of Weathorfor DGC, in Weathorfor, TX, under 7 inches of snow.

At Z Boaz there was a snowman with a bottle of Jack sitting on the pin on 9. I have a crappy pic on my phone but I can't upload it right now.

With as deep as the snow was I was wading through, hiking up to the pin to knock the snow out of the chains was not a priority. I figured I'd get close enough to do so eventually. Lazy? Perhaps. ;)
But the next day I went out to do the back 9 and scored an ace on 11. The snow in the chains was both helpful in keeping it in the basket & a great visual as the disc hit the chains. :clap:

took these a couple years ago

Brent Hambrick Memorial DGC aka Hoover
threedegrees.jpg

hole14.jpg

took these a couple years ago

Brent Hambrick Memorial DGC aka Hoover

Nice pictures. I had a great time playing that course in the snow, I want to get back and play it in nicer weather though.

From my camera phone last Saturday, after skiing all morning:

picture.php

Kingsley Civic Center, #15