• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a NOT cool disc golf photo

Here's a little razzle dazzle from the course designer(s) of Secret City DGC of Knoxville, TN. This may be the closest proximity I've yet to see a tee from the preceding basket.

Attachments

• IMG_20191109_094601826.jpg
    IMG_20191109_094601826.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_20191109_094623897.jpg
    IMG_20191109_094623897.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 174
What I didn't appreciate about Winton was that asphalt around some of the baskets. Don't know how many it actually was because of the snow, and it probably wasn't all that bad... but I did notice it, because discs hitting asphalt grinds me.

Millenials are in the second half of their twenties at the oldest... I think you meant iGen'ers (aka GenZ)... The young people are not Millenials anymore... FYI

From the interwebz
"According to this definition, the oldest millennial is 38 years old and the youngest is, or is turning, 23 years old in 2019. The American Psychological Association describes millennials as those born between the years 1981 and 1996, as does the Federal Reserve Board, and Ernst and Young."

Here's a little razzle dazzle from the course designer(s) of Secret City DGC of Knoxville, TN. This may be the closest proximity I've yet to see a tee from the preceding basket.

Looks like an another classic example of a Parks and Recreation design. "but laying out a course is so easy," said the park worker (with absolutely no concept of the sport) to his/her park manager.

Basket manufacturers should push harder to make sure there's some input from someone who knows what they're doing. Will that ever happen? God no lol

Pros: finding next hole is a snap

Cons: Ace runs can be dangerous

Nothing like a kidney shot to wake you up early in the round. The odds of getting hit are probably fairly slim, as it looks like a low traffic course. It would appear that this courses is a well kept secret, even from the locals

Basket manufacturers should push harder to make sure there's some input from someone who knows what they're doing. Will that ever happen? God no lol

Might be a good idea for basket manufactures to include guidelines for safe basket installation. I've never opened any new in the box basket, but I'm sure they come with some printed instructions.

Perhaps recommending a minimum distance from the next tee or adjacent fairway that a basket should be placed, based on the density of "natural buffer" between the basket and area to be protected from flying discs.

Point being that open and lightly wooded placements require greater buffer distance than baskets buried in dense woods or placed in a pocket surrounded by trees and dense brushy growth that disc aren't likely to penetrate and maintain high velocities.

For all I know, some manufacturers may already include such guidelines. Like I said, never opened a NIB basket myself.

But your point is well taken: there's no substitute for an experienced player and better yet, designer, being involved.

What I didn't appreciate about Winton was that asphalt around some of the baskets. Don't know how many it actually was because of the snow, and it probably wasn't all that bad... but I did notice it, because discs hitting asphalt grinds me.

Unfortunately, all the Cincy "Steady Ed" courses have those on every hole. I wasn't around when they were first built but they've been there since I was a kid. I guess it was for erosion control is the only thing I can think of. The course at Woodland Mound is where I started playing again as an adult and would play there every day pretty much for the first year or two. Between the gnarly old tees and those baskets rings, I've been back there maybe a dozen times in the last 6 or 7 years and its one of the closest to my house.

It also depends on who you ask apparently. I did a search and came up with a different year of '85-'00

Gen-X FTW!:|

Just like Boomers. Used to be those born 1945-55, the "boom" after WWII. Now some say it's 1945-1964. I disagree and personally don't want to be lumped in with the "original" boomers.

Just like Boomers. Used to be those born 1945-55, the "boom" after WWII. Now some say it's 1945-1964. I disagree and personally don't want to be lumped in with the "original" boomers.

^ Agreed. I have seen some group 1955-1965 or so as "Generation Jones" ('cuz we're Jonesin' for the stuff the Boomers had - good economy, scariest STD could be cured with a shot of antibiotics, etc.).

I have even seen generation gaps, where they ended Boomers in 1959 and started the next "generation" in 1965 or so. Which is probably less satisfying but more accurate.

Demographers, marketers, etc. may define generations differently, but rarely is there a hard transition. Our kids are 18 months apart and supposedly part of different "generations." :D

Kitsap Fairgrounds hole 12, this was 2 years ago or so. It's been replaced.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 17103458_1486115758087642_6493735543517397823_n.jpg
    17103458_1486115758087642_6493735543517397823_n.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 400
Is that the new DGPT tour basket? It's gonna be fun watching those guys and gals try to can those 40fters on those...

:D

Latest posts