• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post pics of your Disc Dog

Meet Mic, my newest friend and discin pal

he's 8 weeks, 3 days old

pup2.jpg

pup3.jpg

He hits the course for his 1st trip out this afternoon:)

man goldens are too cute when they are pups.

My golden retriever Duke, he's 4 right now. He was the most obnoxious pup when growing into a full dog, but he has calmed down considerably. Loves to chase frisbees, and I have yet to teach him not to touch my discs. First time he saw a disc of mine in the yard he was interested in what it was, but didn't pick it up, second time he thought it was his to take. Maybe someday I'll teach him not to touch them, but I don't know that I'll take him to the course much anyways so there may be no reason to.

Attachments

• duke1 720.jpg
    duke1 720.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 45
  • duke2 720.jpg
    duke2 720.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 33
I'm telling you, hot sauce is your friend when teaching dogs not to touch your discs. I only had to do it once with my dog, and twice with a friend's dog, both of which will now chase their own frisbees but won't ever touch discs.

I'm telling you, hot sauce is your friend when teaching dogs not to touch your discs. I only had to do it once with my dog, and twice with a friend's dog, both of which will now chase their own frisbees but won't ever touch discs.

LOL I will do this !!!:hfive:

The dog on my social page, http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/member.php?u=3977, is Dudley, he's 5 and has been on many a discing road trip with me. Awesome dog, but he goes crazy when he's off the leash for the first like 15 minutes, he runs everywhere at like 20mph and then realizes that I'm not right there and comes back. So he's almost always leashed at the course. His likes: long walks on the disc golf course, romantic comedies, sleeping and squirrels.

haven't posted our newest addition

Brindle Boxer name Reese

Reese.jpg

Here she is with her Discraft Toy (it's been chewed up like that for a long time from our last boxer)
reesediscgolf.jpg

lol. My dog loves taco bells hot sauce. Don't know about franks or something like that but shed probally like it. Doesn't matter cause she doesn't bite the disc at all. I putt in my basement so she's used to it. She does like to watch clash videos though.

I almost had to, but she is walking again. It took 3 months, but she started out by taking baby steps, and then , she would walk across the room , and she started to walk again. It was like watching a child learning to walk. She was very wobbly, and she finally got back to her old self.

As far as Bassets being head strong, they are. I had a male that I raised from a puppy, and he was a hand full. He was impossible to train. He even turned on my once and tried to bite me when I was trying to clip his nails.

Daisy on the other hand is a rescue dog. She was abandoned after Tropical Storm Allison hit Houston . She was rescued by the Basset Hound Group, and we got her from there. She is trained pretty well. She is totally house broken, and will hold it for up to 12 hours. She also will walk with out a leash around my apartment complex with out running off. She does act up every one in while and not listen, but for the most part, she is a great dog. She has a ton of personality.
i think most bassets try to bite when u clip their nails. at least thats what the groomer told me at petsmart. my tri colored one (Lola) won't let us clip her nails. we just rescued a bi colored one (Betty) from Basset Buddies right before xmas. yeah they r real head strong and stubbern as a donkey.
Lola isn't as bad now cause she has been trained. we had her sence she was a pup. they are both about 4 yrs old.DSC01348.jpg

DSC01350.jpg

DSC01354.jpg

^^^

is that lighter colored basset wearing a diaper?

Yeah it's a diaper. When we got her she was in heat and I didn't want her bleeding all over my house. Those diapers aren't cheap. They were $15 for a pack of 12. We had to buy 3 packs before she was done. Now she's fixed.

My local shop owner and me got to talking about dogs. He told me that he knew someone with a dog and she(i think it's a she) taught the dog to grab the disc and suck it between the bars of the basket without damaging it. Also heard about someone near winthrop who taught their dog to dive under water and retrieve the discs.:eek:

yup the dog's name is huxley belongs to a local player that i play with on the weekends quite frequently, the dog is hilarious, it chases the discs, gums them, takes them to the basket and drops them in.

...very useful...