• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post pics of your Disc Dog

I have always thought that lids in general were called super class. Is the term more specific? I'm interested but it doesn't matter on this particular disc because it shattered in -3 F after hitting a rock. Literally shattered. It was from the 90s so rest in peace faithful beach fris bee.

It depends on how you define "lid". If you take it literally as any disc that looks like it could be a container lid they aren't the same since smaller diameter molds fit that description. One property of super class is that it's diameter driven, and Polecats, Birdies, and Rattlers (oh my!) just don't measure up.

Take a look at the super class approved molds on the PDGA list. There are mostly old frisbee-style discs.

Last edited:
Why just dogs? Let's see those pics of your disc donkeys and disc pot-bellied pigs!

Red Dog at Seneca Creek hole 2, balancing on a fallen tree.

p3280008794-5.jpg

My original reply to this thread is almost 6 years old now, so I thought I'd just go ahead and drop in another pic from this past weekend. This is Oscar with me right before our final round at the Jefferson City Open. (I've also posted a few more to my IG.) There's no better way to spend a day than playing disc golf with your best friend.

Follow-up: Oscar has become a great disc catcher over the years. With a good throw, he can track it down out to 200 feet. Somehow he knows the difference between a golf disc and a dog disc, which causes some confusion when I occasionally pull out his Bite during a round.

So proud dog dad brag time...here's Oscar doing his thing on the Hole 1 preview! (Skip to 0:18 for the good part.)

Patapsco River, just down from the falls. Great place to tire out the dog before a round at Patapsco Valley SP.

Attachments

• _BIT8003-2.jpg
    _BIT8003-2.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 35
  • _BIT8007.jpg
    _BIT8007.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 34
  • _BIT7999-2.jpg
    _BIT7999-2.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 32