• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post Your Found Plastic!

Today I found a star boss, champ sidewinder, rw roc, and at the local pawn shop found a fr buzz for a small fortune. ;-)

Played Blue Ribbon Pines today.
Found:
Champ Ape
Star Wraith
Star Wraith
DX Valk
??? AT-6 Texan ??? <---Not sure what this is, but it floats. Older dx plastic.

Question on ink etiquette---One of the wraiths had multiple "blacked out" spots. when I ran some acetone over them, 3 different name/number combinations appeared. What do I do in this case? I like to give discs back, but not to someone who blacks out names.....

Found:
Champ Ape
Star Wraith
Star Wraith
DX Valk

Question on ink etiquette---One of the wraiths had multiple "blacked out" spots. when I ran some acetone over them, 3 different name/number combinations appeared. What do I do in this case? I like to give discs back, but not to someone who blacks out names.....

sorry to jack this comment but i wondered the same thing before also i have a disc with someone elses name that i called and he ever contacted me back so i figured its mine now. how do u guys go about putting your info on it without looking like a scumbag

shot like crap today @ Avon town hall dgc, but afterwards i found 6 discs in the "nature area" right of hole 7. I even found a disc for someone who threw one in there 5 minutes after i started searching.
175 champ groove tie dye(no ink)
150 dx leopard (no ink)
175 dx wraith (no ink)
169 dx leopard (name & #)
175 star monster-swirly (name & #)
175 dx shark(faded name & #)
i'll call the #'s tomorrow to see if i can return those 3.
the other 3 may get traded or donated to the church kids.
Update** just got off the phone with the owner of the 175 star Monster. he is in Colorado. He said he lost the disc last year in a pond in Wyoming. A year later, i found it in the shule in Avon IN. He was shocked about the disc making it to Indiana, as was I.

Found:
Champ Ape
Star Wraith
Star Wraith
DX Valk

I black out names if I get a disc with a name/# in a buy/trade.

sorry to jack this comment but i wondered the same thing before also i have a disc with someone elses name that i called and he ever contacted me back so i figured its mine now. how do u guys go about putting your info on it without looking like a scumbag

some people put a line through it and say "given to" or "traded to"

I found a proto destroyer and CFR Boss in Illinois and when I called the number one lived in Texas and the other in San Francisco. Talk about a long way from home. Needless to say I was told to keep the disc.

I found a fly dye groove

someone probably just left it since it was the middle of the fairway just laying there and it's a groove

no name/#

Found this Discraft APX today. Thought it was a big leaf at first. It was sitting behind a tree on top of some leaves. Weighs 145g, and has a crack in the flight plate, but I just repaired that with some super glue. Flies pretty nice, but is way too light for me. No name or number.

I think I'm going to give it to my girlfriend, she could use a putter. :thmbup:

Attachments

• Photo0158F.jpg
    Photo0158F.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 35
went into the lake for the last time this year. freezing cold. found a lot of plastic, but my prize find of the day was this:

two
[/URL][/IMG]

I lol'ed when I pulled it out of the water. serves them right for throwing a cheater ring.

How do you guys find all of this stuff? I play rounds at most times on most days, and have never found a disc.

I found one! No ink DX Valk. I was the only person on the back nine and it was just laying there in the short grass. I think it was returned to the course from a back yard. I saw it, finished the basket I was on, looked around, picked it up, checked it out, looked around a little more; just me and this found no ink disc. Sweet! Looked new too.

Then I promptly threw it into another back yard on my drive off the very next tee.

Easy come, easy go.

Found a Groove. Inside the rim it said 'F#@& You' That's it. No name, no number. I dug up quite a bit of dirt with my foot and buried that crap.

I think everyone is better off. It was either that or take it back to the Lab and trace the finger prints back to the classy bastard that wrote that.

I practice at a park that used to have a DG course in it about 10 years ago. I use the tee pads that were left in the ground to drive off of. While looking for one very long shot that made the woods I found an old TP Cyclone. It had started to decay and was very warped and soft. I gave it one final flight up towards the dumpster and then threw it away.

Saturday I found a Star Orc, and a Star Eagle at Schenley Park. Neither had ink. The Orc was by the basket on #2 and the owner was on #5 so I returned it. Found the Eagle X on #13 asked everyone I saw at the course that day if they had lost it. No one claimed it. Guess I'm up one Star EX.

Maybe wrong thread But, Had a memorial disc from someone who passed that was nailed and screwed to the board on front tee of my course. Someone took it, Class act.

Ok...but here's a question for you guys... How many of you would return a disc or call the owner if it was a real jewel of a find....I'm talking 8x Rocs, 2001 CE Rocs, 2002 CE Rocs, First Run Bar Stamp Buzz, etc...Be honest!!