• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Post your most recent plastic purchase-Reboot

I just ordered a New Dragon as those get way flippy to use every 2-3 years for me. My old one was 4 years old but then one year I did not play much. Also got a Hydra with it but that should be going to a co-worker for her to use as her first disc. She kind of wants to play, and Hydra is a good beginner one disc only disc that floats. Both local courses have water on a hole of the course.

They are making ESP Wasps Again? Maybe this will help Wasp sales. Unfortunately I already have the disc I use for that same spot now a Shark 3 two of them bought in February. :\

Limited edition, not full production. The plastic is sweet but they aren't kicking the old Elite Z out of the bag.

They are making ESP Wasps Again? Maybe this will help Wasp sales. Unfortunately I already have the disc I use for that same spot now a Shark 3 two of them bought in February. :\

Nothing unfortunate about having the Shark3s. :) And you can get the ESP Wasp for range time and/or change of pace...

Nothing unfortunate about having the Shark3s. :) And you can get the ESP Wasp for range time and/or change of pace...

I use a Impact, for that long just past midrange shot but not quite fairway as I have pointed out at least 25 times of the forums.:D I know Odd disc choice but hey you understand SD86, you have told us about the lightweight 150 class Pole Cats you use too. I :clap: that. I Have the Champion Shark 3 for the true midrange and the other for the longer shot just out of midrange, if I did not have Sharks for a very short midrange or very long approach shot, I woud have thought about the Buzz having one in Z and the other in ESP for the same shot. Basically ESP is more for having a inclement weather/ground disc and for more wind. However I would make sure both discs are about equally wore in. Champion Shark 3 flies as long if not slightly longer as a ROC for me tends to fade out of the sky when it is visibly loosing power at the very end. ROC just drops down quick and fades about 18 inches to 2 feet to the left.

Last edited:
I know Odd disc choice but hey you understand SD86, you have told us about the lightweight 150 class Pole Cats you use too. I :clap: that.

Yes, and I 'upgraded' to a Champion Polecat. 175g is all they had, but they fly extremely well: very straight at near-full power, and hold any line I throw it on at 70-75% power. I've gotten it out to 200 ft. at full power, but I'm using it for all approaches out go 125 ft. or so. Great accuracy and good glide. :thmbup:

Yes, and I 'upgraded' to a Champion Polecat. 175g is all they had, but they fly extremely well: very straight at near-full power, and hold any line I throw it on at 70-75% power. I've gotten it out to 200 ft. at full power, but I'm using it for all approaches out go 125 ft. or so. Great accuracy and good glide. :thmbup:

That is why I use 2 170-172 gram Impacts, they can power down to about 75% of my max power and can do the max power well too. They work for that odd distance, both local in town course has a few holes that a midrange is too much disc as well as a tunnel hole or two. Out of town Course has a tunnel hole as well as a few holes that are a straight hole. I also have the Impact for a few holes that the second or third shot (one hole is nearly 600 feet from B tee and 590 from the A tee), are too long for a traditional fairway disc and the midrange is too much disc. :thmbup:

My 167g production regular Star Mystere came in. Nice bright green-yellow. Took it straightaway to the course and got in some throws with it. It did well. I look forward to throwing it some more.

Also got another Champion Polecat as a backup for the first one. It did pretty well, but didn't fade at lower power quite the same way my first Champ Polekitty does. Still a good disc, and with my stack of two I should be set for life on these.

https://i.imgur.com/c1rPCIL.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Ifje6UB.jpg

The LucidX Felons are significantly more overstable than the Lucid Felons I've got. The wing is just a touch higher and the top is flatter, almost board flat.

I realized I didn't have a backup for one of my fairways. I don't throw the F3 that often but if I need an uphill 300+ tunnel shot this is what I reach for. It'll pop up from a slight hyzer and glide before fading just a bit landing flat. Hole #12 long at Harry Myers is what it does and it does it well.

I want to start cycling Shields. I like how they feel in my hand and I would like to have one putter mold. Right now I have a VIP Shield for overstable, a Gold Line Pure for straight, and a beat in DX Aviar in the understable slot. I'm going to try and beat this one up to straight then to understable and cycle in other Shields as time goes on.

I recently picked up a patent numbers opaque Teebird and two used s-line PD2s. The Teebird is a backup to the one I bag and the PD2s will be taken out this week for a test run.

That is why I use 2 170-172 gram Impacts, they can power down to about 75% of my max power and can do the max power well too. They work for that odd distance, both local in town course has a few holes that a midrange is too much disc as well as a tunnel hole or two. Out of town Course has a tunnel hole as well as a few holes that are a straight hole. I also have the Impact for a few holes that the second or third shot (one hole is nearly 600 feet from B tee and 590 from the A tee), are too long for a traditional fairway disc and the midrange is too much disc. :thmbup:

SD86 you would not like the Impact as it has nearly the same flight as a Wombat but a tad bit further. Also Impact was out 9 years before Wombat. I saw somewhere posted recently you do not like Wombat.

Last edited:
SD86 you would not like the Impact as it has nearly the same flight as a Wombat but a tad bit further. Also Impact was out 9 years before Wombat. I saw somewhere posted recently you do not like Wombat.

That might not have been me expressing a dislike of the Wombat. I've always liked the Foxbat a lot, and like it better than the Wombat, but I like the Wombat and Wombat3 okay. The wind doesn't like them (Foxbat or Wombat) and will push them around, so that's an issue.

I haven't tried an Impact, so can't say if I'd like it or not.

That might not have been me expressing a dislike of the Wombat. I've always liked the Foxbat a lot, and like it better than the Wombat, but I like the Wombat and Wombat3 okay. The wind doesn't like them (Foxbat or Wombat) and will push them around, so that's an issue.

I haven't tried an Impact, so can't say if I'd like it or not.

Interesting, Wind does not seem to be a factor with the Impact but it has the same flight as a Wombat/Wombat 3 from what I have see of the Wombat being thrown. :popcorn:

I bet I could use Wombat into the wind, I have always been able to do so with my Valkyrie's and XL discs throwing those low anyhow so wind did not mess with those disc as much. XL not as well into wind as a Valkyrie but then Valkyrie is faster/sharper rim so that helps.

all my orders came in at once, as well as my purchase from the store. Got:
Echostar Archon.
Star Tern.
Star Mamba.
Opto Air Flow.
Hannah Leatherman Swirly Star Leopard3.
Infinite Discs Tomb.
Also got an F2 Champion Viking on sale at the store.

The Tomb is awesome, flew really well at the range.
The HL Leo3 flew really well. Has a ton of glide.
The Viking was fun to throw. Shoulda picked up one of these a long time ago.
When the Echostar plastic breaks in, the Archon is going to be awesome.
My original Star Mamba is an F2 and might be THE most overstable Mamba in the history of DG. My new one flies like a Mamba, understable.
Got the Air Flow to max the minimum standard on my order, and due to the recent conversation on these here DGCR threads.

I actually managed to season a Volt. Just took a year of throwing a Fission one as a workhorse, and now I've beaten the fade off it. Picked up a 175 Plasma Volt for when that same tasty Volt flight but want more fade at the end.

Magic stamped M4 in 450 plastic which is amazeballs.
Star Destroyer
Star Dart
Pro Wraith

Also gifted my sweet dyed Champ Boss to my course manager to force myself to use the Destroyer

Latest posts