• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post your most recent plastic purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally bought a Roc. And I was not disappointed. I went out with it and my trusty Star Aviar and actually scored what I normally do with a bag full of drivers. Why didn't I listen sooner?

*weeps with regret and new found joy simultaneously*

Got a new disc from a trade in the mail:

175g Champ Beast (multi-colored plastic, not a dye)
aa83cx.jpg

This is what I picked up from GBO tournament weekend, and a couple of days in Kansas City. I also got a GBO dry-fit but that's in the laundry.

attachment.php

Attachments

• KC discs.jpg
    KC discs.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 86
171 Tee bird L
172 Avenger ss "el cheapo" they like to go right for me
170 Surge ss FLX esp. Haven't thrown it yet.
169 Nuke. which I threw pretty well last week.
I am liking Star Plastic

Vibram Chunk VP's

A few people have asked me what the heck are Chunk Vibram Discs.
So here is a couple of pictures of my new Chunk VP's.

The Chunk plastic is very eye catching, I had not seen any other disc that looked like this before.
For Show
4559524852_566ab15cb5.jpg

and
To Throw
4559524862_b53b433041.jpg

The chunks of color go through the disc, from top to bottom, unlike a dye, or stamp.
4559524854_9672523a10.jpg

4559524874_ecfe8a472c.jpg

Family photo
4559524886_85ce7c8fbd.jpg

Nothin too special

Just bought a 171 Star Eagle. Yellow. Took it out to a field today and it will slot in nicely with my Teebird and leopard

171 Black Organic SS Wizard - became go-to putter immediately

171 Star TL - replacement for one I lost. This one's surprisingly stable...just needs to hit a few trees

180 R-Wood Ontario Roc - just like an OntRoc should fly with amazing grip. Smells good too

150 Champion Valkyrie/Monarch Hybrid 2010 Japan Open - top of a Valk with the bottom of a Mon. I bought 2 on eBay, one for the wall, one to throw. Flies just like you'd think - very understable. Long hyzerflips in tailwinds with no fade.

A few people have asked me what the heck are Chunk Vibram Discs.
So here is a couple of pictures of my new Chunk VP's.

The Chunk plastic is very eye catching, I had not seen any other disc that looked like this before.

Family photo
4559524886_85ce7c8fbd.jpg

Great pics. Thanks for taking the time to put these up. And so everyone knows, we have renamed the chunks and the swirls into one category called Granite, we are shooting to get them to stores in June. You can see more of these on our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/North...photos#!/album.php?aid=164053&id=350413461592

Vibram orange taco mini

I would have put this in with my VP pics yesterday, but the site limits you to 6 pics per post, so I will add it today.

Along with my last VP, I also grabbed a new rubber Vibram mini.
4558928241_15d3609053.jpg

The nice thing about this mini is, I can grind it into the ground with my forefoot on any surface, so it makes a perfectly stable platform to pivot on when throwing.
4558928245_92232d3dd9.jpg

Sometimes in the fairway I need to take a run up. Its tough ending on a regular mini, they slide out from underneath you, but this one doesnt.
4558928251_ec0894047b.jpg

It has a small bead , and flies very straight compared to all my other minis, but with less glide. I would give it a Speed 1, Turn 0, Glide 1 rating.
It was easy to bang the chains from 20' on my Whamo mini basket with it.
It doesnt spin up very well, but it would be great for indoor mini push putt, or lob putt practice.

So, good for a portable hack line on the course, and great for indoor mini rounds as well, this is a true workhorse mini. :hfive:

Just ordered some replacements and backups from DGC:

2 dx cheetahs
1 dx stingray
1 pro d comet
1 dx wraith

With my winnings today at Elk Mountain: Star, Champ, and DX Eagle-X's, a beat half to heck DX Gremlin, and I got a Polaris OLF and an Omega SS on two CTP's. I had a good day, got put on the same card with BennettUA (all around cool guy, even with a monster hangover), took 2nd place, and got two CTP's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts