• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post Your Personal DG Milestones

I've only been playing disc golf a little over a year. When I first started I couldn't throw backhand at all and developed a pretty solid forehand shot. I would say my first milestone was March 2010 when I finally figured out how to throw a backhand for distance.

Now I throw almost completely backhand shots and reached my second milestone. I can throw (over flat ground) 400+ with some of my longest throws being 460' to 475'.

Played my 3rd Tournament on Sat, Took 1st for the second time in Intermediate, I'm ready to compete in Advanced, at least in B/C Tier.

2010 Accomplishments:

"professional":
Started a mixed doubles league
Held 4 clinics with a total of 63 attendees
Got PDGA Innovation grant
Held women's tourney with 30 participants
Started local women's dubs

personal:
Got an ace
started being able to use left hand again
300' FH drive
280' BH drive

Professional:
I WON!!!!!!
the most fun still wins, right?

Personal:
recorded my 3rd ace. it was only about 180'-190', but it was at the only real disc golf course in Chicago at the IIT campus.

best ever was 5 under at home course but I am am gradually getting more consistent with low scores last year was average +2-0 was good round now average good round is 0-(-2)

Public
TD for three tournaments(2 more to do).
Ran doubles league at two courses.
Helped install a new course.

Personal
6 tourney wins.
3 aces.
#1 DisCap tag.

Left to do
With only a handful of events left, I should have the NEFA Points Series wrapped up for my division. I'd like to seal the deal with a NEFA Finals win.
Get qualified for a 2011 Am Worlds invite.

And get my rating into the 920s........

Started/helped run a doubles league at Rankin Lake
Helped construct and install tee signs on the back 9 at Rankin, and fix the broken ones on the front 9
Did a bunch of course work/maintenance/upkeep
Helped put on a successful doubles tourney

Got my first ace
recorded a round under par
played in my first PDGA tourney

Milestones:

1. Played my 200th course recently.
2. Hit an ACE at Elysian in L.A. in front of 10 witnesses, many of whom are DGCR members.

Goals:

1. Play all the courses in Washington state (59). 12 more to go.
2. Working on getting to 300 played. I'm at 210 now.
3. Rack up another 14-15 courses in Oregon over Memorial Day weekend including Whistlers Bend.
4. Play the only course in Poland this summer. And a couple in Germany.
5. Maybe get an ACE each year.

UPDATE as of 9-10

Played course # 272

Played courses in Denmark, Germany and one in the Czech Republic.

Goals:

1. Play all the courses in Washington (there are now 65). 5 more to go.
2. Get to 300 courses played.
3. Get one new ACE this year.
4. Get to 2000 review thumbs up. I'm at bout 1640 now.

My biggest milestone is going to be getting my rating over 900. I started the year at 846 (with all 4 tourneys being between March and May of 2009). Having not played a tourney in almost 9 months, I knew my ratings would be getting better since those tourneys were all played int he first 6 months of me playing the game. Before the last rating came through I played in 1 tourney. I had a 904 and a 926 in that tourney. I was thrilled as my goal going in was to have one 900 rated round and I ended up with 2. I won recreational division and moved up to Intermediate just because, even though my rating shortly after that tourney was moved up to 873. So in the next two tourneys I played I had these rounds 889, 907, 899, 957. I was shocked at my 957 round, I could not make a mistake!! But it just goes to show I can do it. SO after those newer ratings get plugged in at the next rating update I expect to be about 885. I may be playing another tourney somewhere in there too which would help to bring the rating up even more. SO I do believe my goal of being rated over 900 is realistic and reasonable.

That seems amazing to me having only been playing since January 2009. I also want to make sure I still average at least 1 round per day over the course of the year. I did it last year and think I can do it again this year.

My other biggest goal will be to pass into 200 courses played as well as reaching diamond status. I am only about 25 courses short of the goal and 130 positive votes. I look forward to these goals and I celebrate my milestone of 957 as my highest rated round!

In keeping with The Valkyrie Kid's theme of an update:

PDGA Rating: successfully over 900 at 908.

Rounds per day average: Currently at 663 rounds in 608 days since I started playing, so I am still over the pace. Averaging just under 18 holes per day average too (About 17.2).

Courses played: Sitting on 205 but looking to get at least 225 by the end of the year with a couple weekend trips.

Diamond Status: Reached nowhere else to go from here.

Filled my SC Dubs tournament for the first time this year

Sold a course this year, 2nd course sold in a 7 month period and 10th overall.

Didn't even know this thread was out there - good idea Donovan.

Goals:
1) Throw a round at leagues where I live up to my screen name: done 9/13/10.
2) Avg 56 or better in league play - willl see in a few more weeks, could be close.
3) Achieve TR status: done
4) 50 courses played: pending
5) 5 states played: pending

Planning to drive out to NE Illinois (Joliet??) and NW Indiana (Lemon Lake?) the weekend of Oct 2nd to hit those last two goals. Maybe hook up with some DGCR locals to play a round or two.

Bogey free round, did it for the 1st time yesterday (18 hole course). I played the course twice and shot -5 both times with NO bogeys. Felt very good because the last time I played the same course a year ago I shot +6.

I stunk like a skunk with diarrhea's butt today and got like 5 bogeys.

The only saving grace was a couple huge putts and a birdie on 9.

Some milestones for me this year, playing in my 5th tournament this weekend. Finally shot par at my home course. The biggest two I'd like to achieve is my first ace and a bogey free round

To each his own, but I was very happy shooting a +7 on 24 at Flip City this summer. That's down from +20 something when I first started playing this spring.

Latest posts