• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post Your Personal DG Milestones

I've hit some milestones recently. I'm over 300 courses played and reviewed, now it's on to 400. I'm on my way to my goal of playing all the states, I'm at 22 and might be able to get to 25 by the end of the year. I also want to get my rating over 900, it's stuck in the 890s at the moment.

I have now played in 10 states!!!

Okay, I had to think about my goals for 2010, what my objectives are, and where I am.

I want to be at 10 states played by the end of the year. I'm already at 8
I want to photograph 5 un-photographed courses. I'm already at 3
I would like to play at one of the Top 5 courses: Still waiting
Try to get involved with the production of at least one of the new courses planned here in Myrtle Beach.

Completed for this year:
Played In the Quad Cities, Iowa
Reach the 300ft mark, consistently and deliberately. *Just within the last 2 weeks! :D

1. I have now played in 10 states
  2. I have photographed 8 unphotographed courses
  3. I've played a top 5 course: Idlewild
  4. Still waiting to find out when when the new courses will begin:???
  5. Played the Quad Cities
  6. Driven 300ft+

I feel really good about myself, I've completed all of my goals. The course construction is subject to whenever they start, which could be next year. There is also one goal that I didn't mention but I'm striving for. To be at 50 played. I'm currently at 45.

Milestones i reached this year :

- start playing disc golf
- throw over 300 feet
- throw over 400 feet
- play my first tournament
- find a putting style that feels comfortable
- buy backups for all the discs i use

Milestones achieved this year:

Hit 25 courses played.

Make sure every course I play doesn't lack pictures or hole info on DGCR after I play it.

Play both Flip City and Highbridge.

Throw FH 200' relaibly.

Throw BH 300' reliably.

There are more, but they're even lamer than these. . .

I got a little time on my hands so I'll play.

1973 - Played my first round at Forrest Park in St. Louis. I thought the game sucked because the pins were Hula Hoops hung in various places. One right next to a road.

2004 - Went on the net looking for a "Fastback Frisbee" as I had recently broken my last KSHE (local radio station) Frisbee. Was surprised to find all these discs available.

Spring 2005 - Played my second round (Watson Trail Park) using the "fastback" and an old 150g pro model Frisbee as a putter. Stopped a few days later to buy real discs.

Fall 2006 - 1st and only ace. (Pure luck. At Mill Park Crystal City MO.) About then I was throwing 300' + with decent control. Seeing improvement most every time I played too.

Winter 2006 - Broke par at Jefferson Barracks. (No actively growing brush to get in the way.)

Summer 2007 - Broke my throwing shoulder. No more DG this year.

Spring 2008 - Throwing 150g drivers with some pain. No control what so ever. Bought a few 150g mids too.

Summer 2008 - Was almost back to normal using 150g drivers and 165 mids. (I still carry 150g mids too.) July - Herniated a disc in my back and bulged two others. No more DG this year. And I had just bought a new 20 disc bag too.

Spring 2009 - Started all over. No drivers, slow and easy X-step, just 150g mids and a putter. Lots of pain too. 9 holes = Vicodin and a long nap. No way I can carry 20 discs. Made a cart that sucked. Bought a Gorilla Boy 10 disc bag.

Fall 2009 - broke 200'. Throwing par (3) golf on kiddie courses. Revolation 200' + 200' + putt is easier to control than 300' + 100' + putt. I really started liking mids for the extra control.

Late fall/winter 2009 maybe 2010 - Threw my old 150g Viking 250' arrow straight for a drop in bird. Almost cried. First time I'd thrown a driver since I hurt myself. (Better than the ace)

Present - Throwing mostly par holes but haven't carded a par round yet. Still having pain and control issues.

Oh yeah, somewhere in there I found this place too!

My goal for this summer was to throw a disk 300', which I did last night finally. Next will be to do that on a more consistent basis.
Another milestone was to play Highbridge, which I will be doing tomorrow.

By end of next Summer

10 States - I'm at 7
100 Courses - Think I'm only at 47 (Some work to do!)
1000 Rated round - Been close (991) but can't get it!
20 Aces - Sitting at 14
Backhand Ace - Mine are all forehand & overhand.
12 Months with no Sub 900 Rounds - Bowling Green kills this every year!

I got a little time on my hands so I'll play.

1973 - Played my first round at Forrest Park in St. Louis. I thought the game sucked because the pins were Hula Hoops hung in various places. One right next to a road.

2004 - Went on the net looking for a "Fastback Frisbee" as I had recently broken my last KSHE (local radio station) Frisbee. Was surprised to find all these discs available.

Spring 2005 - Played my second round (Watson Trail Park) using the "fastback" and an old 150g pro model Frisbee as a putter. Stopped a few days later to buy real discs.

Fall 2006 - 1st and only ace. (Pure luck. At Mill Park Crystal City MO.) About then I was throwing 300' + with decent control. Seeing improvement most every time I played too.

Winter 2006 - Broke par at Jefferson Barracks. (No actively growing brush to get in the way.)

Summer 2007 - Broke my throwing shoulder. No more DG this year.

Spring 2008 - Throwing 150g drivers with some pain. No control what so ever. Bought a few 150g mids too.

Summer 2008 - Was almost back to normal using 150g drivers and 165 mids. (I still carry 150g mids too.) July - Herniated a disc in my back and bulged two others. No more DG this year. And I had just bought a new 20 disc bag too.

Spring 2009 - Started all over. No drivers, slow and easy X-step, just 150g mids and a putter. Lots of pain too. 9 holes = Vicodin and a long nap. No way I can carry 20 discs. Made a cart that sucked. Bought a Gorilla Boy 10 disc bag.

Fall 2009 - broke 200'. Throwing par (3) golf on kiddie courses. Revolation 200' + 200' + putt is easier to control than 300' + 100' + putt. I really started liking mids for the extra control.

Late fall/winter 2009 maybe 2010 - Threw my old 150g Viking 250' arrow straight for a drop in bird. Almost cried. First time I'd thrown a driver since I hurt myself. (Better than the ace)

Present - Throwing mostly par holes but haven't carded a par round yet. Still having pain and control issues.

Oh yeah, somewhere in there I found this place too!

This could be overly cheesy,but that's a pretty cool story,I hope your body stops beating you up!

As for myself,I'm just starting to see some major improvements,still trying to get to par,beat my best by 5 strokes my last time out,but then the course beat me back with poison ivy,figures.

This could be overly cheesy,but that's a pretty cool story,I hope your body stops beating you up!

Thank you. Cheesy or not I'll gratefully accept your sentiment. FWIW both of those injuries were of my own doing. In the words of Chris LaDoux, "It ain't the years, it's the miles."

Biggest accomplishment yet was my first ace. 247 ft. blind sidearm with a Nuke. was so ridiculously stoked for that :)

Play a round of dg with out having to drive 2 1/2 hours to the course. Sucks to live where their is no course. Im moving in two weeks :)

Reviewing the goals I set, and met, for myself in 2010.
I want to be at 10 states played by the end of the year. I'm already at 8
I want to photograph 5 un-photographed courses. I'm already at 3
I would like to play at one of the Top courses: Still waiting
Try to get involved with the production of at least one of the new courses planned here in Myrtle Beach.
added in June
I think it's highly possible, but it might be a reach. I want to be at 50 played in 10 states by the end of the year. I'm at 36 played in 8 states now. It's possible, I'm just going to have reach for it. I've played all of connecting states surrounding me.

I've played in 10 states.
Photographed over 5 courses
Played Idlewild
The courses haven't started yet, but I'm connected to the right people.
As of Dec 30, 2010, I played course 49:park Circle and 50:Tidal Creek@Ashley River.

My major Disc Golf Milestones are similar to Donovan... I've played 100+ courses in 10 states.

Next Milestone will be to become a Gold Level Trusted Reviewer. (I'm very close).

Next after that would be to build the first ever Nature Trail Disc Golf Course here in Asheville. (We already have the grant money... just need the city's approval... hopefully by the end of the year).
DSCJNKY

Completed both of these milestones in 2010.

In 2011, I hope to install another 27 Holes in the Asheville area... while getting to 20 states played (8 more to go)... which will definitely get me over the 100 reviews mark... and potentially close to 200 courses played.

And, I suppose if I can snake 1 Omega Super Soft from the Marketplace before booter gets it... that will be a major accomplishment.
DSCJNKY

I hit 400 courses played today, I'll get 400 reviews and 2000 positive votes probably within the next two weeks. Now on to 500. :D

I played Woodward park in Fresno CA. 4 times yesterday and I shot 51, 52 and lost bag tag 27 now I'm 45 ( that's ok), 48, and 47. Not quite there but I'll keep working. Later on that night I went 7 for 7 against great competition in ping pong though.

Latest posts