• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post Your Unique DG Terminology

"What'd I just say?" Heard after delivering a warning to someone before their shot that goes unheeded. For example, "Make sure you get over that bush on the left, it really likes to grab discs." Then your forewarned buddy throws right into the bush you warned him about. "What'd I just say?"

or Treetment

I like treement. Going to add that one to the list. I did forget treedirected. We use that one too.

Or if your disc looks like it is about to take the perfect skip to the basket but magically stops right after the actual skip- rooted

I play with the same 7 guys each week and three of us got shots affectionately named after us.

To "Javan" (me) or "Javan Shot" is when you hit a tree a couple feet off the tee pad or in front of your lie. Usually easily avoidable.

To "Shaise" or "Shaise a putt" is to miss close range tap ins or float them off the basket.

When someone swears loudly or throws their bag that is called a "Nik'

Then we have:

Aerobie - my buddy used to only throw tomahawks with Aerobie Epics so now all tomahawks are called aerobie.

Turd toss - our lovely name for grenade throws.

Annie Are You Okay- When someone throws an anhyzer

Worm burner - When someone throws a roller

Last edited:
"good wood" Im sure this has been used before. but we started saying in when the disc hits a tree and makes a favorable kick, or stops it from sailing off to bad places

also, and my personal favorite... "f*#$ing tree!" When the opposite of the above happens

Ice Cream Shot: on a particularly wooded hole, if you throw your drive and miss all the trees, you have earned Ice Cream. I'm not sure we've ever actually paid up on it, but we still say it and claim it......

"next time, let me hold your purse." - said after someone really limpwrists a drive.

we also use "Treesus saves" and I really like "blowgie" for the blown birdie.

We have 2 descriptions for a good shot and bad one..

Roy Munson = Crappy Shot
Ernie McCracken = Great Shot

Ta8_LEYb_A9m_Ql.jpg

Almost forgot the North Carolina native butfor tree. as in that would have been a great shot butfor that tree.

When you follow up a birdie with a bogey we call it "Cleaning up your deuce"

i would call that "dropping a deuce", as in not a good thing. :wall:

the other way around, bogey then birdie, I could see calling it "Cleaning up your douche" :D

Latest posts