• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post your warm up routine

appleseed

Title's pretty self explanatory, post your warm up routine you practice before your tournaments.

I gotta have some breakfast in me and have to stretch out before (and after). I throw enough drives to loosen up my arm either on a few holes or in an open space if available. 15-20 shots usually. I definitely spend 15-20 minutes putting. I am usually warm by then. During the players meeting I stretch. There is usually time before the two minute warning goes off to throw a couple more drives and putts.

I am not overly consistent with it, but this is what I try to stick to...

stretch first
putt for about 10 minutes
throw several long putter shots and midranges
unleash a few drives
play about 3 holes
putt until the players meeting starts

I first walk around a bit. Get the blood pumping. Then I do some dynamic warmups: Leg swings, hip corrections, high knees etc. Then I do some arm swings and arm circles and then some simple back/hip/leg/shoulder stretches.

Then I play catch with a putter with some guys and then I work on putting for a few minutes, then I drive my putters away from the basket and then I throw them back toward the basket and then I go chill out and try to calm down.

\/\/

chain smoke cigarettes while lobbing putts at the closest unused basket, alternating arms (i use left for BH shots, right for FH and OH shots) until im feeling saucy enough to start the course

one push up, one sit up,two jumping jacks, a cold beer, and then i practice the moon walk on the first tee pad. it has been very successful

For me it depends on whether or not I know the course. If I do, I'll putt for a little bit or play catch just to warm up my arm, do a little stretching, then play the first few holes throwing multiple shots from the tee. I'll walk back and putt some more until the players' meeting. If it's a new course to me, I'll get there early enough to play a quick round all the way through, and try to leave 5-10 minutes to putt before the players' meeting.

Usually I go out and start by throwing my putters about 500' and then whip a few 1000' shots off into the chains at the driving range.....

But really, I take about 20 or so practice throws at the driving range and then about 5 minutes of putting. Stretch the neck first, then shoulders, arms, torso, legs, calfs. Then one nice long stretch before hole 1.

I start by listening to some Red Hot Chili Peppers music in my car. Also I like to eat some Little Debbie, Oatmeal Creme Pies, I get out and stretch my arms, usually don't worry about legs. I make some throw motions with my right arm, like the right pec drill without actually throwing anything and then I'm set to go. I feel like if I do too much it will get me over thinking everything.

If its a tournament at a new course, I'll get there really early and walk through it, throwing a few mids here and there, looking for lines and playing out theoretical situations. Then putting. Stretching during the meeting (including hands and fingers). I try to drink at least a liter of water before the round to hydrate my muscles. Then it's the iPod and trying not to over think anymore.

never played a tourney... hmmm reg round... dont crack the first beer til the second hole i say but,.....

take off flip flops... think about doing better than i did last time on this course and throw.....

if i can putt for fifteen mins first then i will definitely do it though...

Last edited: