• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Powdercoating your basket

solomon.trenton

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
If you have what product do you use and how do you apply it. I have seen some small packets (1oz.) at Sears.com but was a little curious. Any help is appreciated.

body shops....gotta ask around...its tough to find places that powder coat because not all body shops have access to it...but im sure if you call one they would know!

I have a powder coating booth/oven as part of my shop and depending on the job, we cost it out anywhere from $1.50 sq/ft to over $3.

I got lucky. My friend goes to automotive trade school, and did mine for free. It counted as a project for his bodywork class, so the school also covered all materials.

I used to get amplifier chassis powdercoated by a local go-kart shop. They were very cool in that they would spray my stuff for next to nothing as long as I waited for a day they were spraying and used the color they were using. Obviously a basket probably wouldn't fall into this range of small items though.

I would check with fabricators that you have locally.

how much for a basket?

It would depend on what you wanted to coat, just the top? whole basket? But if you want to ship it up to Calgary and you're a bit flexible on the color, I'd probably just do a single one for free with left over powder.

Just grab the yellow pages and have a look under powder coating and call around. I'd guess the actual cost to get one done locally would range from $20-50 depending on what you want done and how busy the shop was.

I used to get amplifier chassis powdercoated by a local go-kart shop. They were very cool in that they would spray my stuff for next to nothing as long as I waited for a day they were spraying and used the color they were using. Obviously a basket probably wouldn't fall into this range of small items though.

I would check with fabricators that you have locally.

Ya, for our shop a basket is on the small end of the scale for parts we coat. The actual cost of the powder for something like that is next to nothing, the costs would come from the labor involved in spraying and hanging the basket. If you find a good shop that's willing to work your basket in with a run of other parts you could probably get a good deal.

My basket is cool

200.jpg